• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My anniversary edition

Here is my 83 Anniversary model Anyone have info on final drives? Mine shows 10 mph faster than GPS

Attachments

• mepete 83 rt2.jpg
    mepete 83 rt2.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 631
Here is my 83 Anniversary model Anyone have info on final drives? Mine shows 10 mph faster than GPS

What do you want to know?

If you look on the rearend near the flange that attaches to the swingarm there is a set of numbers like 33/11 or 32/10.

There is also a number at the bottom of the speedo face.

There is a chart that says what you should have.

they have to be correct to get the right speed reading.

But BMW Speedometers are known to be optimistic!

Last edited:
Getting ready for the Old School Spring Fling Rally. Blue Ridge Parkway here I come!

5703951376_b9abacf2dd_b.jpg

New picture of the Evil Bumblebee

Newly powdercoated front engine cover--not looking evil at the moment. After costing me $312, she is pretending to be good.
:whistle
2385574330046294785S600x600Q85.jpg

Here is a pic of my R100CS that I've had for about 18 months. Just finished new brakes on it.
jw

Attachments

• P1010076.jpg
    P1010076.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 679
The rotors are 300mm EBC rotors with spacers and 4 piston calipers with adapters to hold the calipers. The machining and layout was done by my friend James Banke from Banke Performance in Felton, CA. He specializes in this type of mod. The pads are FA, they grip well and are easier on the rotors than the HH type. New bearings and seals front and back. I cut the rear drum and put in Ferodo shoes. It has way more braking than stock. The master cylinder is the stock 15mm. Braided stainless lines, SJ upper triple tree, lower fork brace, and Progressive springs make up the rest of the front end. I've worked on it for the last 18 months and will continue to. The bike is one of my favorites.
jw

JW, your bike is elegant cool. I like your upgrades, keep us posted on any further developments and upgrades. Nice work so far.

Ebb & Flo

Recent sidecar "Bitsa" airhead to go with not so stock 71. Bitsa bike consists of /7 frame, R90 engine, R65 swingarm, 450 watt alternator, with a 70's Globe GS200 sidecar.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 568
The rotors are 300mm EBC rotors with spacers and 4 piston calipers with adapters to hold the calipers. The machining and layout was done by my friend James Banke from Banke Performance in Felton, CA. He specializes in this type of mod. The pads are FA, they grip well and are easier on the rotors than the HH type. New bearings and seals front and back. I cut the rear drum and put in Ferodo shoes. It has way more braking than stock. The master cylinder is the stock 15mm. Braided stainless lines, SJ upper triple tree, lower fork brace, and Progressive springs make up the rest of the front end. I've worked on it for the last 18 months and will continue to. The bike is one of my favorites.
jw

what do you mean by cut the rear drum and install ferodo.

I have done some upgrades to my brakes, but still feel the back are just speed modulators
running ebc shoes in back
floating rotors, stainless lines, rebuilt calipers and masters hh pads

1985 R80rt

Back