• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Good time to fix that leaking FD!!

That's what I'm doing on my '73 R75/5 right now... or I should say, I'm having Ted Porter do it.

It only takes about fifteen minutes to pull the thing off. Box it up a send it somewhere (MAXBMW maybe?) or.... learn how to ride with the front brakes alone.

It's kill'in me though, the weather out here's been unseasonably warm... :bolt

Not a whole running bike yet, but now with both brakes functioning:

BMW289.jpg

Warp speed courtesy of my 9 year old who gave me a big push.

My wife decided I needed a great half century b-day gift. She is awesome

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,325
1979 R100RS in Bangkok (naked look)

A small pic of my 79 R100RS, purchased a year ago, #6096375

Michael Schilling
Bangkok

Attachments

• R100RS Naked Look Michael Schilling.jpg
    R100RS Naked Look Michael Schilling.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,262
Awesome Pezz. Is that a dingo seat cover?

No Woddy, good old sheepskin. Doubles as my mattress.

I hit a small kangaroo at 6.30pm Friday night. Came too close to coming off but by the grace of God and managed to stay on the bike, big tank slapper and slight increase in heat rate ensued. Great suspension is invaluable in these situatons :thumb

Saw another 5 Roo's on the road side before I made the Friday night detsination at 10.30pm.

DSC_0059-5.jpg

1978 R100/7, purchased May 2010, restored Feb 2011. This bike called San Juan Capistrano home and was also at the Laguna Seca Raceway in 1989 in April. Calls San Diego home now...(and don't worry...the valve covers and mufflers are re-installed on the correct side! :laugh)

from page 105

Picture of the fantastic wife that bought me the bike. She also rides a 650 GS

Attachments

• Chelle_Bike_Profile_web.jpg
    Chelle_Bike_Profile_web.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 874
Back