• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My '83 R100RS last weekend.

1122735453_myKc5-L-1.jpg

River Ice

Here is a picture of my 1977 R100RS by the Niagara River on the Canadian side in the Spring. The River Ice was flowing fast and it was pretty cold but the sun was out and I was riding in early March.

How good is that?

Attachments

• River  Ice & Bike.jpg
    River Ice & Bike.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 605
alright Darryl, i gotz some questions for ya.
late model airbox?
paint looks to be '77S, but have never seen it on an RS. whatupwiddat? gold calipers?
bike looks nice. ice does not.

OK, I may upset the BMW Purists but I have made several changes to my bike over the 24 years I have owned it!

Yes it's not stock paint, the bike came silver blue, then went to black with gold pinstripes, then Dodge Viper Red with gold pinstripes.

The wheels are Gold Anodized Sun Rims with Buccanan SS Spokes, Hubs Powdercoated Black.

SS Brake Lines, Master Cylinder moved to Handelbar. Designed my own Barbacks.

Entire Drivetrain out of a 1984 R100RS, thus newer Airbox. now has 487,000 miles.

The list goes on....

OK, I may upset the BMW Purists but I have made several changes to my bike over the 24 years I have owned it!

Yes it's not stock paint, the bike came silver blue, then went to black with gold pinstripes, then Dodge Viper Red with gold pinstripes.

The wheels are Gold Anodized Sun Rims with Buccanan SS Spokes, Hubs Powdercoated Black.

Entire Drivetrain out of a 1984 R100RS, thus newer Airbox. now has 487,000 miles.

The list goes on....

And at 487,000 miles so does the bike.

Wishing you many, many more happy miles on a great looking bike.

The list goes on....

You had that bike, pulling a different trailer that was also color matched, at the Lake Placid 1983 National, did you not? And a friend with you had a silver/grey RS, also pulling a trailer, Lesters and red-striped valve covers? Along with a sign saying "these are not San Jose BMWs" placed in front of them?
Was that you?
Those bikes were beautiful.

You had that bike, pulling a different trailer that was also color matched, at the Lake Placid 1983 National, did you not? And a friend with you had a silver/grey RS, also pulling a trailer, Lesters and red-striped valve covers? Along with a sign saying "these are not San Jose BMWs" placed in front of them?
Was that you?
Those bikes were beautiful.

No I bought my RS in 1986.

But I did have a Black Bike & Black Bushtec in 1992

flattened oil filter

hi Darryl . great bike. much like my own,part of the family?, keep her rolling . what about your issue with the flattened engine oil filter ?

hi Darryl . great bike. much like my own,part of the family?, keep her rolling . what about your issue with the flattened engine oil filter ?

That never happened again since I started using BMW Branded oil filters.

They cost more money but as a friend said " How much is your engine worth?"

R90/6 35 years of Ownership

I purchased it new in 1976 in Stuttgart. Not many miles (38k Kilometers), but decided to take it down and restore it. As these are not considered collector bikes, I deviated a bit from original, hence the leather seat, copper plating of a few parts, etc. A fun project taking it down to the frame and refreshing everything. Left the crankshaft and pistons alone, simply replaced all seals and clutch, etc.

Runs like new. Can't convey how good a new foam seat feels...didn't realize how much the old foam had softened.

Pi Variables

Attachments

• L1000892-compressed.jpg
    L1000892-compressed.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 676
pretty much stock...
IMG_5752.jpg

IMG_5764.jpg

well, "pretty much stock", except for: the S handlebars with bar-endz mirrors, centerstand, valve covers, missing battery covers, late model saddlebags, /6 era mufflers and whatever else is not visible. (yeah, it can be a tough crowd here!)

nice /5, in spite of/because of the upgrades/changes. :thumb

well, "pretty much stock", except for: the S handlebars with bar-endz mirrors, centerstand, valve covers, missing battery covers, late model saddlebags, /6 era mufflers and whatever else is not visible. (yeah, it can be a tough crowd here!)

nice /5, in spite of/because of the upgrades/changes. :thumb

Depending on what year it is, not all /5's had battery covers. I don't think I've ever seen a /5 with the newer valve covers and now I know why :laugh

Don't pay too much attention to us here in the peanut gallery. All of our bikes are a little different too.

How are U likeing your ST. Got one just like it. The only time I road it was right before I bought, maybe 8 or so years ago. Pulled the heads off and did a top end. Sent my speedo off and got it fixed. Been sitting ever since. I have accumulated a few more parts. Bigger R100GS tank and and PD solo seat, bags,mounts and rack Bike looks like a blast to ride, can't wait to get it back together and ride it.

Back