• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Here is a pic of my 1992 GS/PD with 75K on her. I'm up in the Laurel Highlands Mountian Range (Johnstown, Pa.) and glad to ride every chance I get!
Semper-Fi.
George J. Blackham IV
1stSgt, USMC (Ret.)
MOA # 88408
Laurel Highlands BMW Riders- V.Pres.
and 4 Winds BMW Member

Yours looks way better than mine........:thumb I may be a bit jealous....:whistle

And this is when I finally got it running.

626093465_tLWCa-L.jpg

So this is the bike you'll be riding to the Color in the Catskills? I'll stop and say hello if I see it and you.

My 1974 R90s

126,000 original miles. Restored in 1993. Ridden about twice a week. Track Days once in a while.

Attachments

• Ricks R90.jpg
    Ricks R90.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,189
1970 r60/5 with a 900 motor and a avon link fairing wixom bags and a 6.2 gallon gas tank. My bat bike 40,000 miles bike never painted but bags and fairing were. Fairing so rare no one has ever seen one before. Hope you enjoy her pic of the four winns rally August 09 Bar end mirrors, miller lite on seat :)
Brett Endress
Altoona Pa

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 1,184
Last edited:
Ongoing project: 13k original miles. New pics next week when I redo the back end and drop the fender down and chop the rear subframe. Don't worry, I bought a beater subframe to chop. I also bought another front fender to try out on the back wheel. I think it will look good if it fits right.

Attachments

• IMG_6889 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6889 - Copy.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,157
72 /5

Here is the new baby. Please excuse the Honda.

Attachments

• BMW.jpg
    BMW.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,007
Sideview.jpg

My new to me 1976 R90S european version with 44,000 kilometers. Original paint (just a few blemishes), toolkit, manual, etc. Very nice survivor but will be ridden and not trailered. The bike was one of the 1976 S models to come out of Germany with the flush gas cap as the factory was transitioning to the /7 models (ref Fallon's R90S book pg 71).

She joins my R75 with sidecar and R100 Classic in the garage. Yes I got it bad for airheads...need more room.

Life is good!

Beautiful example of a Daytona Orange R90S. My first BMW was a new, R90S/Daytona Orange. I paid $3600 for it in February of 1976. Re. the side covers: They look great but they were probably repainted due to some normal wear. The tank paint looks original. I have never seen side panels that have the sunburst effect like yours. I had the original, full color, full-spread factory brochure for the R90S but lost it somewhere in a move years ago. It also showed solid color side panels. It doesn't matter if they're solid or sunburst because your bike looks fantastic. I wish that I had never sold mine.

Re-post

This bike is pictured elsewhere in this thread, but not with the "glamor" treatment like this. Photo by Sally Sanders, www.salshoots.com

Attachments

• red-glamor.jpg
    red-glamor.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 930
1970 r60/5 with a 900 motor and a avon link fairing wixom bags and a 6.2 gallon gas tank. My bat bike 40,000 miles bike never painted but bags and fairing were. Fairing so rare no one has ever seen one before. Hope you enjoy her pic of the four winns rally August 09 Bar end mirrors, miller lite on seat :)
Brett Endress
Altoona Pa

I took a few pics of your bike as well that weekend.:lurk
Very nice and unique ride indeed.:thumb

Yeah even black bikes with white bags are not bad. I want an older bike just to have those bags again:)

My 1976 R90/6

Just over 81,000 miles, I'm the third owner and love it!

Attachments

• DSC_0027.JPG
    DSC_0027.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 931
This one is not your all-stock BMW... though an awful lot of parts are BMW...just not the same vintage as the original....

684918498_ccsJ4-M.jpg

She started life as a 1981 R100RT, Nikasil cylinders, 40mm Bings, etc. Maybe some ten years ago, she got a suspension transplant: rear mono drive 33:11, front is a late-airhead with a single Brembo. Nice handling, road-burner bike! Soon to be for sale, unless yacht sales pick up substantially and quickly.....

684918579_wfoim-M.jpg

Engine "retro'd" with peanut valve covers, and the traditional starter cover and airbox. Re-positioned shifter and rear brake. Custom seat with rack.

:brow

Back