• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Saw this one today (Sadly, It's Not Mine).

588993201_BU9Y5-L.jpg

588993105_xeQ57-L.jpg

Very nice!

Here's my new to me one. Recently purchased from a guy in Cali. I've always been a fan of the Bumble Bee GS's and the GSPD's.:german
The pic was taken at the Laurel Highlands BMW Riders 2009 campout.
DSC_0094.JPG

My 1992 R100R

This is the best bike I have ever owned, she's a keeper!

Attachments

• 1992 R100R.jpg
    1992 R100R.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 875
picture.php

A fuzzy picture from my cell phone camera. I purchased the /7 new in 79. It's been thru several makeovers involving many handlebar mounted windshields, a Luftmeister fairing, and an RT fairing. I think this lastest version will stick around for a while. I am enjoying the nimbleness of the new version and also the wind in my face...until it gets colder at least :) Regards, John

Another Lester

kstoo.....as a matter of fact another Lester is coming in a day or two via ebay. I'm crossing my fingers it won't disappoint. :dance Thanx, John

kstoo.....as a matter of fact another Lester is coming in a day or two via ebay. I'm crossing my fingers it won't disappoint. :dance Thanx, John

WOOT!

When the new Lester is on then post another picture without using yer fuzzy cell phone!! Or post a YouTube of you doing some curve on Rat Hollow Road.

question for John B.

What is the tail cowling on your R100R? Looks great.

My beloved 1984 R65, "Britta", which I have enjoyed riding for the past six years and 50k miles. Even though I recently acquired another BMW for my riding, I still enjoy taking her up to the NC mountains and into the twisties!;)

Attachments

• brittahwy11.jpg
    brittahwy11.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,038
What is the tail cowling on your R100R? Looks great.

The bike came as is, I don't know about the tail cowling, but I will ask my mechanic he may know, he also worked on this bike three owners ago.

The only modification since my purchase last April has been an Oil Sump Spacer increasing the amount of oil an additional 1.3 L and a Laminarlip for my fairing, dramatically reducing noise and buffeting.

I sometimes dream of turning this bike into a Caf?® racer, even better buy another Airhead and keep this one as it is, who knows we'll see this winter.

And heres another pic.

Attachments

• IMAG0021.jpg
    IMAG0021.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 1,015
I have same bike (1993) and am planning an "S" treatment. Unfortunately have spent too much on the motor - having heads rebuilt at great cost (paying more than I should have), and installing 9.5:1 pistons and 40mm Bings. Have got a tank and working on finding the seat & cowling. Will have to wait for fairing and front fender...$$

I've not been able to find any other pictures of an R100R with this tailpiece you have and am quite anxious to find out what it is, as it might give me a different option... Please let me know if you find anything out! Thanks...

Recent Ride to Top of the Rockies Rally

This is where all Airheads should go at least once. This was taken this morning coming out of Aspen and heading to Leadville. I'm just lucky to live 2.5 hrs away and it was business, no less! Oh well, someone should have to do it.:laugh

Attachments

• R90SandIndependence.jpg
    R90SandIndependence.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 975
For me, work IS play. What would Teddy have said to that do you think?

S:thumb

My 1978 R100RS Motorsport Edition

aka "The White Lion" - lots of performance upgrades including:

* 1050 "Blitz-Kit"
* Double-thick, billet aluminum triple clamp
* Rear KONI's
* San Jose front fork brace
* Swing-arm bracing
* Stainless steel brake lines
* Custom CORBIN seat
* New Metzler tires
* Etc. etc

Attachments

• The White Lion.jpg
    The White Lion.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 895
My 83 R80ST

My 1983 R80ST. Works, Progressive, Toaster Tan top brace, Pirelli Sport Demons, Parabellum fairing. Not the fastest, but tight and good fun.

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 863
Back