• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Re: I've kept every one that I've bought so far...

BMW Beauty said:
Nice looking bikes you have Global Rider......:bliss :bliss :bliss

Well I'm still looking for one more GS, preferably a R100 GS Paris Dakar. It'll replace the R65 that I use for my Euro tours. The R80 G/S PD was supposed to fill that need, but I've decided to keep and restore it to factory condition. So the search goes on. Good things come to those that wait.

My New Bike

She's an '82 R100RS.

Here's the before picture. There's no "after" yet.

Anybody know the stock colors or color codes for an '82 RS?

Attachments

• rsp6.jpg
    rsp6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4,039
Black and white

... an after-work stress reduction ride.

attachment.php

My 'ol '82 R100 after an extensive refit. Runs sweeter than the day I brought her home 22 years ago.

Captain Curmudgeon
Mississippi

Attachments

• r100 5-30-2004.jpg
    r100 5-30-2004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 3,977
I want one too, Dave. I think it will be a toss up between an airhead and an SV650. It is a very tough desicion.

KBasa said:
Every time I read this thread I get reinfected with airhead disease.

Be VERY VERY careful Dave. It IS addictive!

Mick

Attachments

• rs_oil_filter.jpg
    rs_oil_filter.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 3,736
Beautiful bike, Mick

I've always been in love with those white "last editions". They are attractive as hell. Someday I want to own one of those!

Re: Beautiful bike, Mick

Rich said:
I've always been in love with those white "last editions". They are attractive as hell. Someday I want to own one of those!

Thanks Rich,
I looked about 5 years before I found this one. A guy up in Minnesota had kept it as a Collectible with only 14k miles on it.
Now it has 19K but it SURE is fun. :clap

Mick

bmwmick said:
Be VERY VERY careful Dave. It IS addictive!

Mick

I know. I had an 83 R100RS. I should find a picture of it.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Nice bike too, Mick.

Beautiful!

These are the bikes that created my lust for a BMW. I really regret buying the brick. ... now if I sell the brick...
Thanks for sharing.
Jim

Re: Beautiful!

Originally posted by tinboatcapt Thanks for sharing.
Jim

I really love that signature line. But it kinda scares me. I wash mine when she gets dirty, she turns 4 in August and I love to ride her all day long. I think I might be in trouble with the law.

MarkF

Back