• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My "new" 1976 R90/6

The second 1976 R90/6 I now own. I picked this one up from the original owner near Pittsburgh last week. He took wonderful care of it over the past 33 years. It has a Don Vesco fairing, Arthur Fulmer bags, original paint, and runs like it just came off the showroom floor. I could not be happier. It's a wonderful addition to my other '76 R90/6 (which I may make into a cafe racer style bike over the winter) and my R100 Monolever/Classic which I also bought from the original owner. It's getting a little hard to move around in my half of the garage (I share it with my wife's van...my car stays outside) so I may get rid of one of the other airheads in the near future.

Attachments

• R90.JPG
    R90.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 968
It has a Don Vesco fairing, Arthur Fulmer bags, original paint, and runs like it just came off the showroom floor.

I have bags just like those on my /7, including the chrome rails on the side. Mine say Wixom on the inside of the lid. Does yours say Fulmer?? Were Wixom - Fulmer the same thing for a while?

The second 1976 R90/6 I now own. I picked this one up from the original owner near Pittsburgh last week...and runs like it just came off the showroom floor. I could not be happier. It's a wonderful addition to my other '76 R90/6

Beautiful! The 90/6 is such a nice machine. Someday, I am going to own one.

I have been interested in those Rapid Transit fairings since the day they came out.
They look great and I'm betting that they work just as well as they look.

Very nice package indeed. Congratulations!

I am pretty sure that Arthur Fulmer and Wixom Bros bags were identical ... is that true?

I rarely have ever seen those chrome rails that you have there. Very unique.

I am pretty sure that Arthur Fulmer and Wixom Bros bags were identical ... is that true?

I should have checked here first...Duane Ausherman has a pretty good section on bags on his website:

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/wixom/index.htm

At the bottom of the page, he indicates that Fullmer bought out Wixom near the end and made bags for a few years, then went out of business.

That's the "rest of the story"...page 2...

Picked this one up on Wednesday.
GS2atHorsetoothResv.jpg

:clap :clap :clap

VERY cool! I think you're gonna LOVE making it yours! Keep us posted on what you do to it!

Thanks...yep Fulmer bags are nice

I should have checked here first...Duane Ausherman has a pretty good section on bags on his website:

http://w6rec.com/duane/bmw/bags/wixom/index.htm

At the bottom of the page, he indicates that Fullmer bought out Wixom near the end and made bags for a few years, then went out of business.

That's the "rest of the story"...page 2...

Thanks for the nice comments. It's one sharp R90/6....dare I say the best I've seen....but I am biased :>) The original owner really took pride in ownership and it shows. The tank paint looks almost new except for a couple small nicks. The combo of the bags (w/chrome rails) and Vesco rabid transit fairing really made it stand out to me. I am very fortunate to own and ride this machine. By the way...it's a rider not a show piece. It has 75,000 miles on it now and I hope to put as many miles on it as possible over the coming years. Can't wait to roll over 100K on it.

Cheers, BK

Wixom bags

those bags look horrible on your bike.

I would be willing to take them off your hands.

I think they would look ok on mine.

1974 Newly Aquired R75 with Hannigan Fairing

My new Ride Sept 2008 - I also have a 1982 R65 that I call the "Rat Bike" - no pictures of the "Rat"

Attachments

• DSC00023.JPG
    DSC00023.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 1,127
Here's a pic of my R60/6

I recently bought this bike from a friend who bought it from a friend who I used to hang out with. Long story short, I used to ride this bike in 1991 and now I own it.

Attachments

• IMG_0154 (3).JPG
    IMG_0154 (3).JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,116
Here is the R75/5

This bike I did own in the mid 1990 and through great error in judgement I sold it to a friend of a friend. Lucky thing is he was willing to sell it back a couple months ago for the same price.

Attachments

• IMG_0162 (3).JPG
    IMG_0162 (3).JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,101
1972 R75/5

They don't get muck prettier.............and just killed the Dragon.

Attachments

• 100_0204.jpg
    100_0204.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 983
Sorry.....had to post another

Second owner, 34K original miles, 52mpg, purchased back in 1996. I love this bike.

Attachments

• 100_0180.jpg
    100_0180.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 987
Back