• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Let me just say that I have a set of R75/5 engine cover badges as spares now.

I ride with a bunch of guys with old (60s / 70s) BSAs and Triumphs. Every how and then a new guy (Brit bike ) shows up and I sometimes engage in an impromptu top end contest. Most know what the R50 means, but don't know enough to question why it has CV Bings on it or where the kick start went. Imagine their surprise when that 500cc Beemer pulls away from their 650cc on top end (I'm running the 2.91 rear, with a five speed).
Some eventually find out, others go away with a new respect for Beemers .:nyah

Picture was taken last fall on RT309 while at the Black Diamond Rally in Pa.

Here's the 1994 R100R Mystic I picked up last October. It had 19,700 miles on it. It was pretty clean. I did little to it except wash and wax it, replace the tires and change the oil.

115893822-L.jpg

So, is this a new addition? (Looks PERFECT!) I really loved the "72 R75/5" thread a while back.

Yes, 3 Airheads at the house 2 bikes and the wife. She amazes me everyday. She still can't talk without waving her arms around like she's on fire. I knew she was french when we met but I thought she would grow out of the arm waving thing.

phil, I just love the look of the knee pads on the small tank. Nicely done.

Thanks,I liked those myself. I haven't seen to many of the pads on the small tanks. I thought it would look a little different from all the others.

Attachments

• bmw 27.jpg
    bmw 27.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1,174

I bought the bike a couple months ago here on the Flea Market for $2500 (new Krauser bags included). The bike was located in Sebring Florida. This is a pic at the previous owners house before the rebuild.

Attachments

• Slash 6 right0001 (2).jpg
    Slash 6 right0001 (2).jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,171
phil's garage

Phil: I'm impressed with your immaculate garage! :)

Good thing it isn't spring here, yet.....

Rinty

Nice bike Phil! I was just curious as to why you swaped the tanks out?

I'm new also. These are my 61 R50/2 and 62 R69S that bought from the original owners ( husband and wife)

Attachments

• PICT11191.JPG
    PICT11191.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,218
Lunch stop on the way to Mid Ohio Vintage Days: fully loaded, trunk, beatle bags, touring seat, and fairing. Great trip, 1350 miles, no trouble but it was HOT!!

Attachments

• DSCF00131.JPG
    DSCF00131.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,213
No, actually it was taken at the beginning of " Reggie's Memorial Ride" that we have every July 1 to remember a fellow CVMG rider that was killed on his bike a few years back.

My hobby and passion..G/Ss..This is #17.

1050 engine, 800 watt alternator, Fox shock, Dark Forest Green metal, Pearl white with green tint bodywork. Lights, brakes, suspension, airhorn...and great in the dirt or cross country!

Attachments

• beast-small.jpg
    beast-small.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,292
First!

Attempts to post pic failed. I have a Mac G4 lap top and can't get the pic imported here. Any help? Zzeedd

Have you read through this forum?

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=2021

I suggest that the resolution of your posted picture be on the order of 800x600 so that the whole picture can be seen on the screen. Much bigger and people will have to scroll left-right and up-down to see only pieces. See the picture a few posts up from here. It's really hard to see things that way.

Kurt in S.A.

1975 airhead

I have a new to me airhead. This is my first airhead and I think it will be a good bike for me. I have gone thru the bike over the last couple of months and have tuned, changed oils and filters, new tires, and steering damper. I thought I was done when I found oil leaking from the rubber collars on the push rod tubes. My question is how do I stop the leaks. Do I have to pull the heads? The rubber collars only leak on one side.

Thanks Rodney

Back