• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1982 R65ls

Twin to Grand Prix, which was the Bike given away during the Rhinebeck National!

PhacK

Attachments

• DOGS_R65LS_001_small.jpg
    DOGS_R65LS_001_small.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1,239
Beautiful

Wonderful restoration. on the GS. Get lots of pictures while it is perfect, then go get it dirty.

:clap

PS Sweet color on the CS

Last edited:
Dueling 1985 K100'S!

Still have the silver bike, curently undergoing a total restoration!

PhacK

Attachments

• k100_017_small.jpg
    k100_017_small.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,197
1982 Magni MB2

RARE Magni MB2 the day I brought it home. That's Dougie Mo! 150 examples in the world verfied by the Magni Factory! Soon to undergo a complete restoration!

PhacK

Attachments

• magni_mb2.jpg
    magni_mb2.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Nice bikes phactory. I never tire of looking a great looking BMW's. I rebuilt the engine of my 74 R90/6 several years ago. Now, and it's on display in my living room. After seeing your bikes, I need to move on and finish the restoration of the whole bike.

Picture and my first post here

My R75/6 owned for 21 years. Runs as good now as it did in the 80's

Attachments

• rightwbag.JPG
    rightwbag.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,224
Last edited:
pretty flippin big

what size should pictures be to fit? Before you go spastic I already swaped the valve covers. Missed that for the first 20 years or so.

Right click on the previous picture by phfactory...select properties. You'll see that that picture was about 850 x 640 pixels. Yours was about 1300 x 1000. Assume that most people are using using a monitor of 1024 x 768 and make sure the ending pixel size is something less than that.

Kurt in S.A.

Beemersml.jpg

Still gets out to a East coast Beemer rally every now and then

MOGU83,
Thats is a beautiful /5! I gotta ask, though, is it still a 500cc? Seems like a lot of effort went into it, and while I've never actually ridden an R50/5, I always imagine them to be on the slow side of fast:bolt I do notice its got Bings, and rearsets, and aftermarket valve covers.

Hey, I'm a newbie here. This is my 78 R100s Love this thing but dont ride it as much since I brought home a R1150RT. S is still my favorite

Attachments

• rs.jpg
    rs.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,260
MOGU83,
Thats is a beautiful /5! I gotta ask, though, is it still a 500cc? Seems like a lot of effort went into it, and while I've never actually ridden an R50/5, I always imagine them to be on the slow side of fast:bolt I do notice its got Bings, and rearsets, and aftermarket valve covers.

Hank, U are totally correct about the R50/5 being abit on the slow side. But they are still alot of fun. I know, I have a totally stock '71. I've done several 1000 mile road trips, just leave a little earlier and ride a little later. I like to think of them as full size motor scooters not underpowered motorcycles. That is one nice looking R50 cafe hotrod. I'm guessing more than 32 hp.

I'm guessing a '72 R75/5. Looks good. Background reminds me of the old Bulow campground north of Daytona.

Back