• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My 1984 R100CS "Last Edition"

Inherited from my Dad about 10 years ago ... just finished an 18 month restoration with some fun "enhancements" ... article on the restoration in the works for the ON.

Details at:
http://www.adamlivingston.com/adam/BMW/BMWrestorationmain.htm

side3.jpg

Last edited:
1984 R80rt

600 bucks off of craigslist, where do I start on this thing?

Attachments

• DSC00001_800x600.jpg
    DSC00001_800x600.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,250
ADAMLIVI said:
Inherited from my Dad about 10 years ago ... just finished an 18 month restoration with some fun "enhancements" ... article on the restoration in the works for the ON.

That's a great looking bike. I can't wait to read the article.

Bob_M said:
That is still a heck of a deal at $600

I think so too...

It had not been licensed for the street since 1998, I drained the funky old gas, pulled the float bowls (clean), installed a battery and it fired right up. Steering head is tight as hell and there is no rear brake action at all, otherwise I would have put a few miles on her by now.

All the parts are there including bags so it will require cleanup and paint primarily. Of course I'll be getting rid of the seat.

Naked R100RT

:) Not a very good pic of my bike, but it's the best one I have right now.

Attachments

• NakedDaisy1.jpg
    NakedDaisy1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,414
Last edited:
Foxen Canyon, Santa Maria, CA

This pic is from Thanksgiving weekend. Foxen canyon is a spectacular ride through the wine country in Northern Santa Barbara County.

Attachments

• Foxen Wny Nov '06.jpg
    Foxen Wny Nov '06.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 1,422
second day home

Here's my new/old '78 w 18 K on the clock and 100 on the OMG meter

Attachments

• IMG_0531_1.jpg
    IMG_0531_1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,247
It sure seems so. It had been owned by a dealer and sat on his floor since 1984. I just took it out on January 12 here in Chicago for a short ride. really just wanted to fill the tank before cold weather, but yeehaw! it's 50 degrees in january!

Sweet! I REALLY like that color. In fact I'm thinking of painting my GS in something similar.

Speaking of cold, it was -20F here last night!

Barry

our turn

we're getting it tomorrow, tho' it's raining like a cow pi__ing on a flat rock right now. It's been a while since we've had that -65 wind-chill...or as the locals call it, "windshield" factor. But it's less than a month till pitchers and catchers report, and can riding season be far behind?

Since this bike sat for so long I think I need to start replacing rubber stuff, maybe change out the brake lines for ss, check/lube the splines. I wonder about the clutch, but we'll learn as we go. I only put on about 1K last fall after I bought it. Changed fluids, adj'd carbs and valves and enjoyed having it in the garage.

Bikes

My dad rides a '77 R100RS almost identical to the one pictured, 'cept it has wire wheels and a clear windshield. I ride a black '75 R90/6 with a BMW S fairing put on after it was bought. I'll post pics as soon as I have some, I live in MD and the bikes are in MA :banghead

Back