• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Here's my '77 R100S in the parking lot of one of the parks in Alpena, MI. The bike ran AWESOME in 95 degree heat, returning 43.5 mpg (but a bazillion SMILES per gallon!).

Attachments

• at beach.jpg
    at beach.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,405
My 1971 R75/5

As it is today, enjoying a move to the country after 15 years as a daily rider in NYC.

Last edited:
that scooter must have a ton of miles if you also had it in jellystone,( hey boo boo bear)
great to see people keep with their bike that long
good luck with your move to the country, its beautiful away from the big city, so where is the "country"
syracuse or green lakes ???

Isamemon said:
that scooter must have a ton of miles if you also had it in jellystone,( hey boo boo bear)
great to see people keep with their bike that long
good luck with your move to the country, its beautiful away from the big city, so where is the "country"
syracuse or green lakes ???

Here's a pic of my wife taking a virtual ride in my fourth floor loft in Brooklyn. Mileage is not high, about 57k miles - 46k mine. "Country" is Stone Ridge, NY, in the Hudson Valley. 2 hours north of NYC.

my airhead...

photo

waiting to ad an S fairing...

The airhead BMW's are easy and fun to personalize...

...I built this short wheelbase 'S' about 10 years ago. It's a keeper... The idea behind this one was to assemble as small and light a bike as the range of stock parts produced over the years would permit.

Last edited:
Red GS

Red GS

Attachments

• IMG_3737_1_6_1.JPG
    IMG_3737_1_6_1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,467
red gs

Glenn:

I've never seen that colour combination before. Is it stock? Very nice.

Rinty

'93 Paris Dakar in Cuba

This is "mi moto fidel" (my faithful motorcycle) in Vinales Valley, in Cuba, in 1996. You can read about my 7,000-mile journey in "Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro's Cuba" (National Geographic Adventure Press, 2001). Softback copies are available at bookstores and Amazon. I have the entire supply of hardbacks, at www.travelguidebooks.com

Attachments

• Christopher P. Baker in Vinales, Cuba.jpg
    Christopher P. Baker in Vinales, Cuba.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,414
I would greatly enjoy a motorcycle tour in a FREE Cuba. Ride to Miami, a short boat ride, and then.......

Here is my 73 LWB R90/5.5 :dunno

298604Motorcycle.gif

Not the greatest pic. I've owned the bike since 1975, and its got over 160,000 miles on it. I started modifying it before it was a vintage bike, so don't be too hard on me. It's got 900cc jugs, a 5 speed, tall rear end, braced frame, fork, swingarm and billet top clamp, single disk (twins are the next change), an 8.5 gallon Heinrich tank, a 25 year old Mayer Day-long saddle, and a kevlar replica of the mystery fairing that I got back in the late 70's. The Craven rack and bags were about the only accessories that were on the bike when I got it, besides the Wixom barn-door fairing I immediately took off when I put on the R90S bars.

Last edited:
Latest Picture

Here is a picture of the r100 I got back in November of 2005, as recently ridden on the Dragon (what fun!). I added EPCO pea shooter mufflers and progressive shocks. Did some minor paint work as well. Major restoration will be done over this winter.

Attachments

• Picture 007.small.jpg
    Picture 007.small.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,569
nice scooter
noticed its changed fairings a few times
and th epictures look a lot different with colors etc
otherwise , looks like a nice ride
nice scooter

Back