• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Early crisp morning in South Texas

Started out early morning from Mission, TX to Boonebucks by San Isidro for breakfast. It was around the upper 30's around 7 am, went up to the upper 50's by 11. I had to use my old ski gloves since my '77 R65 has no heated grips. Layers and leathers were the themes for the early morning ride.

Attachments

• Boonebuck 01 16 2022.jpg
    Boonebuck 01 16 2022.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 288
So finally, I have all the bugs worked out and my winter project is done. 37 years, 240K plus miles in all kinds of weather. I am very happy how it turned out. St.

View attachment 85230 View attachment 85231View attachment 85232View attachment 85233View attachment 85234

Wow! How did you get the paint so shiny? My friend who was the previous owner of my 1986 R80RT wasn't too concerned with cleaning my bike when it was his for 20 years. I would like to keep the original stock paint, but I wish it would shine better. What is your secret. I only have 440000 miles on mine.
Love that blue color. Bill

A book I have from BMW Mobile Traditions indicates that the R100T was produced from 1978-1980. Not sure if it extended beyond that. In 1981, major changes came to the Airhead so it sort of makes sense that the T model might have ended in 1980.

Very nice Monza Blue Toaster. Years ago a friend purchased one just like that...same fairing, etc in New Hampshire. Back to the Future. :)

Attached are 6 photos of my original 1972 /5 that I found on some old 35mm slides. These were taken on a trip in July through the Rockies between Jasper and Banff, Alberta, Canada. One shot show me standing beside my bike with a big snowball in my hand. The bike was only about 3 months old then, all new and shiny. It was a great trip, despite waking up the first morning with 6 inches of snow on the tent, and having to wait for the snow to be cleared from the highway before continuing. I wish the shots of the bike were a bit better, but at that time I was more interested in the background, but those mountains are still there and my bike isn't. Luckily I have a duplicate now. I looked at a preview of this post and the pictures are huge, but I can't figure out how to downsize them, maybe they will go to their actual size when I send the post. If not, you will have to scroll over/and/or up and down to see it all.

Attachments

• PICT0274 (3).jpg
    PICT0274 (3).jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 328
  • PICT0343 (2).jpg
    PICT0343 (2).jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 322
  • PICT0264 (3).jpg
    PICT0264 (3).jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 328
  • PICT0271 (3).jpg
    PICT0271 (3).jpg