• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Rod, I just love a properly accessorized R bike. Look forward to seeing U at the Natural State Rally next month.

1980rs

Loaded for two up and camping for ten days. Taken on Blue Ridge at Otter Creek. Bike has 1050 kit, modified swingarm, spin on oil filter etc..etc./Users/jaguar/Desktop/IMG_1380.JPG

BMW VIN Decoder...

markografx said:
When I got it, the owner said it is an '85, and the title sez its an '82, so I really do not know what year it is, any suggestions?
Here is a link to the BMW VIN Decoder site. Plug in your VIN number and it will give you your exact model and date of manufacture.

http://www.bmw-z1.com/VIN/VINdecode-e.cgi

93 GSPD

57638749-M.jpg

For the record, that decoder may not be the most accurate as it says my bike was made in November 1995 but the frame sticker says December.

Veg -

There are other places/sources which provide similar information. Maybe they would help settle the "debate"...or maybe they're all using the same bad information and would still return the November date. Hard to tell... But hey, what's a month amongst friends??

Kurt in S.A.

Exactly Kurt, and it makes no difference when I start up the engine and ride off. I tend to trust the sticker more anyway. Of course the December produciton date on the frame jibes with the emissions sticker that says the bike is a '96, while all official sources say the model only went to '95. I love talking about that at rallies.

Mines w/ temporary tank...

Here it be. 1973?¢ R75/5... I got the large original tank off to be repaired, but it looks kick ass w/ that /6 or /7 tank on it though. imho. thanks for lookin'...

****. for ssome reason I can't upload my picture... silly forum code. says that my picture contains no data, yet I can view and edit it just like any other image file. oh well check this one out instead.

Attachments

• HPIM1161.jpg
    HPIM1161.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,575
Elegant, tastefully fine or luxurious in dress, excellent in quality. Characterized by graceful distinction in form and appearance. Pleasantly superior. Webster :heart

My Winter Project

1972 R60/5 Part 1

Attachments

• Slash 5.JPG
    Slash 5.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,535
Part 2 Right Side

Last try!

Attachments

• R60 right side.JPG
    R60 right side.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,638