• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

750cc jugs, later model CVs. oil cooler is gone now (really not needed), rear sets,Guzzi stator and aftermarket diode board (280W), Led H4 bulb in R65 reflector, R65 driveshaft with cush drive, tank is a 9 1/2 Gal Heinrich added frame braces, ceramic coated exhaust, most of the chrome is powder coated black. It's pretty much become a garage queen that I throw money at now and then. The only thing on the bike that remains unmolested is the front fender. I've had it since the early eighties and it'll be the last bike in my garage some day.

ED: Also has a five speed / no kicker

This on the Dragon this spring. I've ridden bikes with more power and much better suspension across, but pushing the old girl across (on a nice spring morning) at her limit was more fun than I had on a bike for a while

View attachment 71924

Thank you for the additional info and yes, very nicely said ^^^!

Motorsport and R90S

I thought I'd add a picture of the Motorsport with the new seat cover. It's on the original tray but the seat was a Russell Daylong and just didn't work for me. So I bought a new cover from Wunderlich and sent it to Sargent and had them reupholster. I also included a pic of the R90... never mind the monkey in the middle. :doh

DSC05615.jpg
DSC05610a.JPG

Here she is all finished up!
6532dbbbc3a77ced7ad72859e995e0c1.jpg
8b561c430afb5891bb00bf81e6ac5953.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R65

Here is the 1981 R65 that I just picked up from a 12 year nap under a cover, garaged it's whole life with 29K on it.

MVIMG_20190126_142306 (2) (Large).jpg

new to me 78 R100/7 with 78 RS motor, front end

picking her up in a couple of months and riding her back north.
1978_bmw_bmw_r1007_hotrod_1548626585fcd208DSC_0611.jpg

also have a red 04 K1200GT that I absolutely love.

Yep, that's one cool custom. Making a 60hp standard 70hp. Good job. Yea, I inherited a pretty nice '78 R80/7 a few years back. It's already been converted to front twin disk brakes. I was thinking about hopping up the R80 engine; probably much easier to just install 70hp RS engine. Bet it's a blast to ride. : thumbs

What is on the exhaust. I did ceramic but I'm not happy with it.

Not my bike, but that exhaust is black chrome. I believe the header and pipes are made by Mac. Luftmiester made a very similar two into one system with a glass pack muffler. I have a set hanging from my garage ceiling. I found it too throaty if I was going for a dawn run on a Sunday. A pic of the Lufty system is on page 9 of this thread. Silver R100

I believe the process to apply black chrome is pretty toxic and don't see it used on modern stuff.

It used to be a R100RT, don't know what i'm going to call it. View attachment 72859

Looks like you used a seat from a 2-shock model. I've been considering putting a 3/4 seat from an older model on my 1992 R100RS. Would you mind telling me what's involved in the conversion? Mounts? Fit around the frame? Tail light . . . or anything else?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Looks like you used a seat from a 2-shock model. I've been considering putting a 3/4 seat from an older model on my 1992 R100RS. Would you mind telling me what's involved in the conversion? Mounts? Fit around the frame? Tail light . . . or anything else?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

IMG_3011[698].jpg
Sorry, not the best angle. Just a inexpensive LED tail light off of Ebay. I cut hinges off seat, it attatches with the lock pin and a nylon strap. Frame bumpers under seat are all the long style. A friend who owns a BMW dealership said the seats on the older bikes were crooked a lot of the time.

Back