• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Heres my 73, work in progress.
1ff0f3183fb5120404161a9ec41f1d1f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1981; vin number 6255052

Hi Karlo, It's a beauty! Identical to mine when I got it. Originally purchased in Salzburg Austria and brought back to Canada still in the box with an identical twin.

She looked like this at 42K kms.

P1010925.jpg

Now at 47K kms I've done some changes. Added GPS cradle, Oxford Heated Grips, R100GS tank, home made solo seat using a KZ1000 Police bike seat, solo rack, Flying Teapot side stand, BMW bag mounts and side bags made from Abrahms tank sight cases and a Happy Trails Puck kit. Top end rebuild with new valves, seats and guides also done along with some other electrical and mechanical improvements.
Now she looks like this:

2013-04-11 12.31.18.jpg

I don't know why those photos of starter are in there... only two attachments showing in the edit mode!

Attachments

• P1010447.jpg
    P1010447.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:
'76 R90/6 with Tank Job

R90:6  XR750-2.jpg

The R90 has 1000cc Siebenrock jugs, RaceTech suspension, Boyer ignition and other doodads that allow it to leave the Harley behind! (after it runs out of fuel)
Actually the R90 kicks the Harleys ass in every aspect except for that sideways thing it can do.

1982 r100 rs

Nice RS! And Red/Smoke is the fastest colour too. :thumb Yours appears to have the original paint. Mine did as well until last year. I do miss that orange hue the paint takes on after a lot of years but I decided to have it redone before taking it to Todd Trumbore's 40th RS Anniversary Rally in 2017. All Glasurit original colours and done by a great local painter. I also did the top end, steering head bearings, lots of seals, electrical overhaul etc etc..
Here is my '82 just before leaving for that rally.
P1020358.jpg

I was scanning old photos yesterday and found these pictures of my 1984 R100RT.
Picture was taken shortly after buying it, Feb 1984.

New 84 RT.jpg

New 1984 RT.jpg

I traded in a 1980 Suzuki 850.
1980 850 pic taken Feb 84.jpg

1980 r100T. I switched starter cover, air box and valve covers from spare engine. Now I need to find the proper engine badges. It had the newer style black plastic air box, new style starter cover and valve covers. The /6 engine badges have to go.

Attachments

• smallNew.JPG
    smallNew.JPG
    240.5 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Hmmm... just a R50/5...?! Please tell us a bit more about the build... valve covers... deep oil pan... CV carbs on an R50/5... oil cooler... large tank... one in two exhaust Looks like a "sleeper" to me who can go far beyond a regular R50/5 performance wise. Very nice machine! Congratulations!

YES

Very nice machine!

Hmmm... just a R50/5...?! Please tell us a bit more about the build... valve covers... deep oil pan... CV carbs on an R50/5... oil cooler... large tank... one in two exhaust Looks like a "sleeper" to me who can go far beyond a regular R50/5 performance wise. Very nice machine! Congratulations!
750cc jugs, later model CVs. oil cooler is gone now (really not needed), rear sets,Guzzi stator and aftermarket diode board (280W), Led H4 bulb in R65 reflector, R65 driveshaft with cush drive, tank is a 9 1/2 Gal Heinrich added frame braces, ceramic coated exhaust, most of the chrome is powder coated black. It's pretty much become a garage queen that I throw money at now and then. The only thing on the bike that remains unmolested is the front fender. I've had it since the early eighties and it'll be the last bike in my garage some day.

ED: Also has a five speed / no kicker

This on the Dragon this spring. I've ridden bikes with more power and much better suspension across, but pushing the old girl across (on a nice spring morning) at her limit was more fun than I had on a bike for a while

img_1668.jpg

Last edited:
Back