• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1978 r100s

I just finished making a few alterations to my "S". I rode it to the Nat'l rally in Salt Lake City in stock form, but decided to do a mild cafe look. I still have all the stock parts, so it's reversible. These are fun bikes to customize.

Attachments

• Cafe 2.jpg
    Cafe 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 462
I just finished making a few alterations to my "S". I rode it to the Nat'l rally in Salt Lake City in stock form, but decided to do a mild cafe look. I still have all the stock parts, so it's reversible. These are fun bikes to customize.
Bike has a cool custom look; good job. :thumb

Reminds of a story about a couple who were looking for specific model Shelby Mustang. Two years went past and nothing they found fit the bill. Finally on another run, they were looking at yet another not quite right Shelby, they noticed a Mustang convertible on the other side of the garage. They casually investigated it. '68 GT convertible with almost every Mustang option. PS, PB, AC, console with AT, pony interior, foldown rear seat, 390 ci engine, tilt steering. They got home, and it dawned on them; to hell with the Shelby. They went back and got the Mustang. :dance ps Nice lookin /5.:thumb
Sounds like the opposite Mustang my wife had when we just got marriage. A gold duster special 1968, 302 no power items, 3speed on the floor,4 barrel., dual exhaust all factory installed.

/6

Here's my girl. I've had her about a year now and have finally gotten my hands dirty a bit. I'm loving it so far! This is from my first "real" trip. Hartford to Northern VT
beemer.jpg

Very nice John a beautiful bike!

Out exploring in Pennsylvania. Nice paved and unpaved roads, and great little towns to explore for a good bite to eat.

IMG_1103.jpg

Not any of ours...sadly
DSCN0625.jpg

Was having a cup of coffee yesterday and heard two guys not sporting riding gear speaking German. Walked off patio and on my bike to find these two Slash 5's sitting across parking lot...Nice.
Should have gone back to get their story...dangit

Pic of your Airhead

I have no clue how to post pictures here. There is no opening big enough on my laptop to insert a 35mm negative that I can find. There is a pretty nice shot of my 77 R100S on the current cover of the Airmail. Someday if I ever figure out how to post pictures to this forum I might post shots of the other 7 Airheads in the fleet. :wave

Friedle

Not any of ours...sadly
View attachment 65207

Was having a cup of coffee yesterday and heard two guys not sporting riding gear speaking German. Walked off patio and on my bike to find these two Slash 5's sitting across parking lot...Nice.
Should have gone back to get their story...dangit

I don't know if you use Facebook, but there's a post on the BMW Airheads group page of these same two bikes from one of the riders - a German fellow who now lives in Austin. He posted a photo from Sunday on cow creek rd outside of lago vista.

Thanks Terence:wave

I was in Marble Falls, west of Lago Vista. Don't FB, but will check out on H's next time she is on. Must be same guy and bikes

Made me come home and get motivated to solve charging gremlins on our /6 which got put on hold due to other fun and games a few months back.

To not get fussed at...a pic:laugh
river road nov 23 2014 (39).jpg

Last edited:
I have no clue how to post pictures here. There is no opening big enough on my laptop to insert a 35mm negative that I can find. There is a pretty nice shot of my 77 R100S on the current cover of the Airmail. Someday if I ever figure out how to post pictures to this forum I might post shots of the other 7 Airheads in the fleet. :wave

Friedle

Saw your 100S on the magazine cover....wheres the red Stich?:laugh
Nice shot

I lost posession of a lot of negatives thru the years sadly. I now have digital stuff in the mystery cloud and on several storage devices that will have to be converted by the following generations when it becomes old technology like our beloved Kodachrome became

Anyways, there are scanners made for negative transition to digital as well as some private enterprises doing the service for a per image fee. It may be worth it for preservation of content as even negatives do not last forever.I saw a demo some years back and the ability to save some decaying negatives was very impressive.

Back