• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

smercer, I was at Hamburg. Is this you?

DSC_6376.jpg

I live a short distance from the site of the 40th R100RS gathering and gave my name to Todd a while back so plan on attending also on my '83.

once again, thank you , re the "D O" in your story I asume that stands for Daytona orange, what does the SS stand for? , I owned an R90S way back in 1976 when I lived in N Ireland ,it was "TT smoke" black/ silver ,it also was the last of the /6 models with o rings in the cylinders,another one that got away , best of luck ,Jimmy:ca PS ,just figured it out SS equals, silver smoke !!am I right?, being Irish it does take a while,again best of luck, Jimmy

Yes, you are correct... TT Silberrauch or TT Silver Smoke.

Attachments

• Picture 003a.jpg
    Picture 003a.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 487
smercer, I was at Hamburg. Is this you?

DSC_6376.jpg

I live a short distance from the site of the 40th R100RS gathering and gave my name to Todd a while back so plan on attending also on my '83.

Guilty as charged... yes, that's me :thumb Looking forward to Todd's shindig. If it's anything like the R90S rally was in 2014 it will be a memory to last a lifetime! Here's a couple of shots from the event... nothing like seeing about 150 R90S's all in the same place. There were people from all over the world in attendance. The first picture is of Hans Muth, R90S designer extrodinaire, the second is my first R90S that I sold to my friend (he attended with me) and my current '76 R90S, and the third is... just a bunch of R90S's including our two. As I said it was R90S Nirvanna! :hug

Attachments

• DSC04463a.jpg
    DSC04463a.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC04473a.jpg
    DSC04473a.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC04497a.jpg
    DSC04497a.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 485
Here's a couple more from the '14 R90S rally in PA...

The first two pictures are of Udo's personal R90 Superbike. This was one of the original Superbikes campaigned in the late 70's which he modified from stock. The story goes the bike was in a flood and he rescued and rebuilt it to what you see here. The GS Performance plate on the side of the engine stands for Gietl - Schuster Performance. An incredible amount of eye candy that I digested for quite some time while taking pictures... The third picture is of Hans Muth standing in the middle of a gaggle of R90S's. An incredible memory!

Attachments

• DSC04467a.jpg
    DSC04467a.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC04478a.jpg
    DSC04478a.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC04500a.jpg
    DSC04500a.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 388
The first two pictures are of Udo's personal R90 Superbike.

I remember seeing these bikes run at Laconia, NH in '76. Being a young lad then, it imprinted on me my love of twin cylinder motorcycles. Gietl and Schuster were/are master craftsmen.

Here is one of mine, a 1977 R100RS. It was my fathers bike and I got it in 2000. He had it in storage and it was last registered in 1981 when I got it. I did all the needed service work, put on new tires, and got it running really nicely! I have to say though I don't really know what to do with this bike! I have several motos and I don't ride this one much at all. It lives in a heated garage and hasn't been ridden in a couple of years. Does anyone have any ideas on how to value a bike like this? Ebay is little help and I'm not finding any comp sales numbers for a 1977 R100RS. Thanks!

20170312_111707.gif

20170312_111735.gif

Welcome to the forum! You might want to poke around this page to see vintage stuff from the mid to late 1970s on BMW motorcycles. You can get an idea of what they sold for then.

http://www.omnilex.com/public/bmw78/

You can search the Marketplace (link at top of page), the IBMWR marketplace, ebay, etc., to see the range of prices. In the link in my signature line, somewhere near the bottom is a link to either Kelly Blue Book or NADA...you could see what prices are from that.

Back