• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Carbs started me thinking and looking closer

I saw a few more tell tales of a few other modifications, the bike is very well done. A /5 upgraded with later jugs and carbs is a great choice in modifications without making it look like an obvious resto-mode bike.

I saw a few more tell tales of a few other modifications, the bike is very well done. A /5 upgraded with later jugs and carbs is a great choice in modifications without making it look like an obvious resto-mode bike.

Thank you, The previous owner did a great job. Bike runs well, good power, comfortable even two up, and 53 mpg us.

1975 R90S which sat in a scooter shop for 30 plus years. Unrestored and pristine condition... 4200 miles on the odometer. Custom engine mods, Custom painted Avonaire Fairing, Krauser bags and trunk...along with lots of chroming...all completed in November 1975! I have the invoice!

IMG_2580.jpg
IMG_2581.jpg
IMG_2582.jpg

I admit it . . . I'm a bit lazy . . . . :wave

I wash 'em when they need it; otherwise I'd rather be riding 'em.

Amazingly, clean motorcycles pi$$ some owners off. Mine is mint and it has been places. Just not lazy.

It has nothing to do with laziness. As a clean freak this is your perception. And perception is not reality. Unless you are in marketing or you are Donald Rump and then apparently perception IS reality. :dance

Different strokes for different folks Alex.

Spend the day riding the muddy back roads...............

Take a photo............

Spend hour upon hour giving it a "spit" shine............

Repeat...............

I agree with all of the above.... I do enjoy "the ride" and the more dirt and bugs the better..... But there has to be something said about preserving history and the learning about the people who paved the roads before us.... This is one of those situations!! By the way this 75 R90S is tuned, gassed up and ready to go.... It is now getting gentle kind miles... But she is not a trailer queen....

The more I find out about this bike.... The cooler it is... And I feel lucky to be part of this bikes history!

Read the post below.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?86558-Looking-for-photos-or-documents-from-1976-BMW-MOA-in-Oshkosh-WI

This is FUZZ - served as a 1983 R100 Patrol Bike in the 80s in the Appleton Police Department - retired and converted by previous owner to something like an RT

Got really good lovin from Ned's and now lives in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. View attachment 48777

Wow, I remember that bike, I was at the Appleton City auction when that bike came up, wished I could have bought it back then. But some years later I found the 76 R100RS that is resting comfortably in the front entrance of my house in Green Bay.

I've been at both ends of the spectrum. Really fine and clean and kinda rough and grungy. Ether way is fine with me. As long as your bike runs good and don't hamper the ride, how your bike looks is your business. :)

Stunning bike, 75r90s. Nice score. Bikes, any bikes, are for more than just riding the crap outta'em, or just primping and preening. Or anything in between. When you get older you do more puttering and preening. Bikes keep one interested in life. Yours is especially noteworthy. Someone blew the savings on that one.

Back