• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Another Winter Ride in the PNW

It's been cool up here, though the rains and the wind seem to be temporarily off stage.

Lots of fog this morning. I wanted to ride, and I wanted to go to the gym, so I just waited until the temps were above freezing and combined the two. Interestingly, as I went through security at the entrance to the Naval base near home, the guard mentioned that there'd been a couple of car crashes this morning on the frosty roads. Nice of him, friendly guy, he was just letting me know.

In front of the base gym; the sign at one point said "Motorcycles Only." I'm thinking the defense budget's too stretched for a new sign . . .

Still pretty foggy though.

IMG_1417_zpse7hbkfym.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Afterwards I took a slightly longer way home; stopped by Trident Lake, one of the base recreation areas. Sunny now, and quite pleasant. When I got home the thermometer read about 42 or so. Plumb tropical. But better than being buried in snow like some folks on the forum!

IMG_1418_zpspnljv0uf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It's been cool up here, though the rains and the wind seem to be temporarily off stage.

Lots of fog this morning. I wanted to ride, and I wanted to go to the gym, so I just waited until the temps were above freezing and combined the two. Interestingly, as I went through security at the entrance to the Naval base near home, the guard mentioned that there'd been a couple of car crashes this morning on the frosty roads. Nice of him, friendly guy, he was just letting me know.

In front of the base gym; the sign at one point said "Motorcycles Only." I'm thinking the defense budget's too stretched for a new sign . . .

Still pretty foggy though.

IMG_1417_zpse7hbkfym.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Afterwards I took a slightly longer way home; stopped by Trident Lake, one of the base recreation areas. Sunny now, and quite pleasant. When I got home the thermometer read about 42 or so. Plumb tropical. But better than being buried in snow like some folks on the forum!

IMG_1418_zpspnljv0uf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

love it! Very cool look.

Hey k75s, I think godfather has your R80/7. :)

You wouldn't happen to have a picture of you next to the bike in your polyester Leisure (riding) Suit?

Nice to have the Bushtec

Nice to be able to bring all the gear when camping in the cold. :):)

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 426
I would have reposioned the bike so the power lines were not in view, got the camera lower and used a flash to fill in the details of that beautiful bike, but that's just me. You sir are living the dream.

I would have reposioned the bike so the power lines were not in view, got the camera lower and used a flash to fill in the details of that beautiful bike, but that's just me. You sir are living the dream.

Thank you. I'll take some better pictures with a proper camera soon.

Here is one with better lighting.

I really like your 1978 R80! Here's my '75 R90/6...

Thank you. I'll take some better pictures with a proper camera soon.

Here is one with better lighting.

So, my son and I rebuilt this one back in 2008 - "Father/Son Winter Project" an article in the MOA rag. It was dropped on I-25 in 2009, we rebuilt it again. Its just had the 32mm Bings rebuilt as a joint project/Christmas present for my son. Just had it out today after synching the carbs with the TwinMax. Its got the gusseted swing arm, adjustable rear shocks, lightened/balanced flywheel, electronic ignition, dual sparked, Progressive springs, beefed-up front fork bracket, added dual front disk/caliper set, Lester wheels from the era, and a bunch of other stuff too lengthy to write up. Fun scooter, as is...

IMG_8498.jpgIMG_8497.jpgIMG_8499.jpg

Back