• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

here is my latest with my redone 1989 bunkhouse in pristine condition parked in front of my house, can't wait for some rallying!I upgraded to 450 watt alternator and a new to me meyer day long seat.Very comfy!

Everything but the kitchen sink

here is my latest with my redone 1989 bunkhouse in pristine condition parked in front of my house, can't wait for some rallying!I upgraded to 450 watt alternator and a new to me meyer day long seat.Very comfy!

Love the bunkhouse but went with the Bushtec.

Attachments

• IMG_0893_2.jpg
    IMG_0893_2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 534
Hey there,
Nicely done! I missed you last summer when I was in the Wellston area, on my hack. Did visit your in laws restaurant though. Hope to be back in late June. If time allows, I'll try to track track you down. Ride easy,
gp

Hey godfather,I always enjoy when you post a picture of your /7. Love the color of that bike. Where did you get those straps on the saddlebags?
George

Just purchased a 1975 R75/6...

Greetings from a new member in the Rocky Mountains...

I'm an experienced rider and had been looking for the right airhead for about four years. I just purchased a 1975 R75/6 which appears to be in very good shape. The seller had a partial service history going back 8 years through his ownership but no further. Here's a pic...

BMW_R75_left.jpg

He serviced it regularly, but hardly rode it, putting only 1800 miles on it during the 8 years he had it (according to the mileage on the service receipts). Last year he had electronic ignition installed... Boyer. Odometer says only 16K miles, but who can say for sure. It's possible the mileage *may* be accurate, the bike seems to be in excellent condition generally: all hoses look new, cables relatively new, wiring looks decent, fasteners look clean and undamaged, fluids appear fresh, no leaking anywhere, no odd noises, no smoky exhaust, new battery, no sign of past battery leakage, no problems starting, no hesitation or sputtering, acceleration decent, front brake good, rear brake merely a suggestion. The tank/fender/panel paint looks very good but is not original; was done more than 8 years ago; the paint on the frame appears original with very little signs of rust. It came with recently purchased Krauser bags.

I've put 300 miles on it in the few days I've had it (more than the PO did in the last 3 years) with no major issues so far. I'm feeling hopeful...

How did you go about doing/getting the seat? Who did you get the pan from? Seat materials? Paint? Cost? Or did you buy it complete?

Thanks

There are some aftermarket companies that make the seat and tail sections. You can also search for used ones.

Here's one company that makes the tail sections. (I have no affiliation with them nor have I used their product), but I know there are others.

http://www.boxercafe.com/seats.htm

1982 r100 rs

Took a ride into the Mt. Hood National forest on Sunday. Beautiful day in Oregon's high country.

Attachments

• IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 439
Taking a break on the Blue Ridge Parkway

20150513_104111-X2.jpg

I think riding on a weekday helps eliminate a lot of traffic. I did see some motorcycles yesterday. Interestingly, about half were BMWs.

1976 R75/6 to poormans RS54

I bought a non-running 76' R75 with unknown true miles, a previously removed Windjammer, a lot of period touring modifications. Stripped it down, found a broke clutch actuator rod, and a stuck clutch. Rebuilt,cleaned, regreased, and painted almost everything. Then, welded up a rear sub frame to move the top of the shocks back 5cm and clean up the look. The starter cover is from BoxerCafe. It really changed the look of the /6 engine. The headlights are small LED, as are the front turn signals and rear turn/stop/brake/combo light. The seat was made locally buy a boat upholsterer. I'd made the base pan and gave him lots of photos. It's a rattle can paint job with gold pinstripe tape. It should be white but, my wife is English and likes gold pinstripes. A good friend of mine gave me the complete exhaust. I think it makes the bike. Sounds incredible too.

Hopefully I attached the photos correctly.

Attachments

• DSCN5799.jpg
    DSCN5799.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 571
  • DSCN5818.jpg
    DSCN5818.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 575
Riding through George Washington National Forest this morning and crossed a path. It turned out to be the Appalachian Trail. Not much to it. The trail is narrow and unassuming. A small ground level sign in the distance identifies the trail.
20150525_083318_HDR-XL.jpg

Back