• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

Let me help. Smoke Green. :brow

Speakin'a green...Anybody remember the dark green , slight metallic w/gold pinstripes, on the CS version in 82?

a friend of mine had one of them, and I always thought that was just a damn fine lookin' motorcycle.

Actually this winter, if I get to it, a fresh tank and roundels, wilbers 633 rear shock, upgraded coil and ignition and maybe matching excel rims. As well I find the seat too soft and will look for something more firm or replace the foam that is in it.

Bike is a ton of fun, love exploring the trails in the area that are hard packed. Looking forward to one day taking this to Moab to explore the white rim trail and others.

Hey Grahmm,
Did you replace the triple tree to accept those new forks?
Way cool?.Love it. What's the weight on your R80?
Cheers
Will

Hey Grahmm,
Did you replace the triple tree to accept those new forks?
Way cool?.Love it. What's the weight on your R80?
Cheers
Will

Triples were produced by henderson machine shop in Ca, they match the wp4860 forks to the original geometry of the Bike. Forks are from a 2004 KTM 450SX, re-valved re-sprung and shortened to 210mm travel from 300mm. There are other companies such as SWT in Germany that have catalog offering of the triples but way more money. This was an offering through Advrider, he made up about 30-50 sets over a 2 year period.

the weight is nice at ~180 kilos, but I should bring home a scale from work and measure actual.

Wilbers 633 rear shock on its way from the Beemer shop in hopes that the rear end can catch up to the performance of the more modern front end... which is amazing:) also alpha ignition and new coil on it's way. I have another tank that I want do in original color and decal scheme, the bike should look really sharp for road rides with it and the side panels installed:)

Last edited:
Cool G/s

Grahamm, Yep, that is one very nice G/s. I have a sister bike to it, a R80ST. Ride and enjoy it. ps Yes, the updated front forks look over the top.

My R80

Harlan and Me at Craigs (480x640).jpg

My Grandson and I ~ Dec. 12, 2014 at The Crags Trailhead near Colorado Springs, CO (home).

Al Ferguson
1983 BMW R80RT (now a R80 "standard")
BMWMOA #45034

Out searching for the perfect Christmas tree.

R75%20at%20Corkum%20Tree%20Farm.jpg

R100RS '83 just turned 100,000 km when photo was taken....break-in is now complete!

Waitin' for spring.........
cheers,
Ron:ca

Attachments

• P1040621_50 percent.jpg
    P1040621_50 percent.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 689
My 78' R100/7 in our shop/winter storage area for some prevent maintenance...i.e. rear main seal and oil pump O-ring...plus a bunch of other projects.
...learning as I go.

That's my '75 R90/6 in front of my dad's '77 R100RS. I am the second owner, my dad bought the bike new and gave it to me as a graduation present when I finished college.

IMG_1563.jpg

great backstory there pf:thumb

When did you graduate?

nice bikes as well!

2006. I don't remember the exact mileage when he gave it to me but it was something like 33-35,000. Now IIRC it has 55,000 on it. I'm finishing up a five year stint working in Saudi Arabia so I don't get to ride even remotely as much as I want. It currently lives with its younger sibling at my parents' in MA.

Back