• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

What do I think?

Mike. I think you got a great bike, ride and enjoy. R100GS is on my list to get. Jeff the R75/6 is elegent. My personal opinion is the '74 is the last of the old school BMW's with a classic look. Love them both. 2 thumbs up to both bikes. :thumb :thumb

While I want to agree...I had a few Airheads...luv'd them all.Particularly my CS....I do like the slightly wider, tubeless tires, electronic ignition, improved charging, system...of the Oilheads....and I must admit that since it saved my bacon once....I am now a fan of ABS .................jus'sayin.

No denying it...modern bikes are great...too.
Just had to give Jake a little jab :stick

Old German bike (1971) at an old German church (1845).

untitled%20event%20-%201-1-L.jpg

1980 r65

Found this in Freds garage. Had not ridden it in 15 years. Flush the tank and carbs. Rebuild the master cylinder. New battery and tires, and its perfect.

9000 miles.

Attachments

• P1000419.jpg
    P1000419.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 718
OK, another pic of my R75/5, this time at the Stonehenge memorial in Washington state, near the Columbia River and wine country!

IMG_0745.jpg

North and Middle Sister, central Oregon Cascades, in the background. Several forest fires nearby; it was kinda smokey that day.

IMG_0692.jpg

Both taken during the 2014 Fireflight Rendezvous.

They are stock BMW crash bars just like the ones Kurt mentioned. 3 point mount; two clamp to the frame and one to the lower front engine mount.

Finished this a few weeks ago.

The bike pictured is a 1981 R100RT I rebuilt as an RS.

Attachments

• moaimage.jpg
    moaimage.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 526
First real ride today on the reconditioned bike... wow! Love it. Smooth, better handling good on the dirt road.

I love this bike. One thing that would really complete it is a fresh set of roundels on the tank. Enjoy!

I am absolutely loving this bike. Returning it to its original 1974 appearance and locating a tank and fenders with original paint and pinstripes has been exciting. The front fender and tank are signed by the same pinstripe artist. The backrest adds a little something to it...reminding me of my brother's first BMW, a 1973 R60/5. The only non-factory paint is my feeble attempt to paint the battery covers.

IMG_1549_zps9e6112e3.jpg

IMG_1554_zps870bf70a.jpg

I love this bike. One thing that would really complete it is a fresh set of roundels on the tank. Enjoy!

P1020625_zpsa663ffdb.jpg

Actually this winter, if I get to it, a fresh tank and roundels, wilbers 633 rear shock, upgraded coil and ignition and maybe matching excel rims. As well I find the seat too soft and will look for something more firm or replace the foam that is in it.

Bike is a ton of fun, love exploring the trails in the area that are hard packed. Looking forward to one day taking this to Moab to explore the white rim trail and others.

Back