• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Barn find 73 1/2 Toaster

Hello...new guy with old Toaster, found it earlier this Summer sitting under a pine tree wrapped in a blue tarp, took it to the guys at Big Twin in Boise and Larry did a fantastic job of getting it back in running condition. Larry fabricated a device to clean the rust and dirt from the tank, it was saved!

And thanks to Chris from Boxer Metal for pointing me to Siebenrock for the front hinge on the Polizei solo!

Attachments

• em73 LWB Toaster.jpg
    em73 LWB Toaster.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 538
Hello...new guy with old Toaster, found it earlier this Summer sitting under a pine tree wrapped in a blue tarp, took it to the guys at Big Twin in Boise and Larry did a fantastic job of getting it back in running condition. Larry fabricated a device to clean the rust and dirt from the tank, it was saved!

And thanks to Chris from Boxer Metal for pointing me to Siebenrock for the front hinge on the Polizei solo!

Wow, that's a beautiful bike !

My old slash 5

My 1973 swb R/75/5, that I've had since 1979. It was completely stock when I bought it other than Dunstall mufflers and a Wixom handlebar fairing. It's been through 2 ground up rebuilds, and up until recently I've done all the work myself.
I figure I will own this bike until I die, which hopefully will be many years....LOL
Lonnie

Attachments

• DSCF0252.jpg
    DSCF0252.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 702
Judging by the presence of what appears to be a mechanical tach drive cable, is that the OEM /5 MotoMeter speedo/tach?

Just curious, have you caught any flak from your local Gendarmes about the distance between your rear turn signals? Here in CA, I was informed, and it was suggested, that perhaps I might want to extend the stalks to 16" on-center (nice guy, a motor officer).

Hi, you are right, that is a /5 speedo-tach unit, but because the 100S motor has no tach drive I've been using an aftermarket digital electronic tach. I've recently removed that electronic tach as I'm replacing the /5 speedo-tach unit with an Auto Meter digital speedo-tach, complete with GPS for speed monitoring.
As for the shortened turn signal stalks, I've never had a problem in Arizona, nice catch though !
Lonnie

Absolutely stunning, imaginative work, would like to see as much close detail as possible, post more, made my day, one of the best.

It's worked just fine for several years now. Got the sidecar attached, so not too sure if I'll get as much use out of it. I've had an LT and a HD Ultra on it with no problem.

1976 r75/6

here's what i had from 1984 - 1989. i wish i still had it. looking for another just like it.

Attachments

• scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 575
sweet RT....love the green paint scheme...unusual....

I'll bite...what are the black external reservoirs in place of side covers...look like BMW versions of SOHC CB 750 dry sump oil tanks....maybe they are axillary gas tanks for touring? water tanks for camping? homebrew growlers for after-ride hops therapy?

Back