• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Here is one of mine

1978 R80/7
100_0098-1.jpg

Too nice not to ride today... first toot of the season, long way home from work.

Had to stop and record the moment against the start of spring and the riding season... as you can see there is still a sand box at the side of the roads and in the center between lanes, makes for some exciting acceleration.

Attachments

• Port Hope-20120320-00201.jpg
    Port Hope-20120320-00201.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 718
Woohoo!

Just took delivery of an aesthetically-rough-but-mechanically-sound 1970 R75/5.
My GOD, man: Look at that seat! (Send me a PM if you want it.)

The work begins!

Attachments

• 75:5-3.JPG
    75:5-3.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 742
Airhead Addiction

This photo was taken on Long Island. I have 3 additional airheads in Montana where I live most of the time. I've owned the bike for 20 years and it was a real mess when I got it.

Bob T

It is a stock S fairing with Talbot mirrors. I am told that kruser made them and talbot made the mirrors. Bike has 150,000 on it

Just took delivery of an aesthetically-rough-but-mechanically-sound 1970 R75/5.
My GOD, man: Look at that seat! (Send me a PM if you want it.)

The work begins!

I like the white on the tank. The seat, well, yeah, but it looks comfy!

I just finished a refurb on this R90/6. I'm loving this bike (even the 1974 trans so far). I'd like to go to the original valve covers, but can't see spending money just for that reason.

IMG_0122.jpg

R90/6 with new Hepco&Becker Juniors

The wide Russel seat didn't allow my wixom bags to open. I decided to try these and they are very nice. One warning though, the instructions are in german! Simple mount once you figure it out though.

Attachments

• DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 893
First time on the road for this bike in years. Bought in June of last year, clean carbs and necessary parts, some repainting, put on the road April 3, 2012 after a long layoff in Iowa.
Still to come...putting the RT fairing and bags back on. Peoria Mac

Back