• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

1981 restored

:usaThis is my 1981 I found under a tarp two months ago, it sat under a car port for six years. After two months of work it is now ready for the road again, the paint is original.

Attachments

• 1981 R100RT.jpg
    1981 R100RT.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 525
Just landed this bike, a 1979 BMW R100RT. That's my brother behind bike. He found it under a tarp in a nearby city.

I dont know how somone could put a seat like that on a bike like that
:banghead:sick

oh well , to each thier own, an ass born for every seat

double entendre... .. ?
icon_wink.gif

Nice Trailer

Just landed this bike, a 1979 BMW R100RT. That's my brother behind bike. He found it under a tarp in a nearby city.

Good looking Airhead and a nice trailer behind your bro!! I have that same Aluma trailer!

I agree and just picked up a better seat imho.

Attachments

• BMW Saddle RT 1.jpg
    BMW Saddle RT 1.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 839
My /5 as I found it

I am rebuilding this bike into sort of a cafe racer
it was very easy to find a little weight to take off.

Attachments

• WP_000583.jpg
    WP_000583.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 760
im an old fart
dontt drink party etc like I used too
but then flash back , wow
that makes me think.................wow
is this still the 70's
someone was drinking or on smoke-em when they were doing that
wow

I hate to see things done "half way"

That bike really needs some Side Panel aux fuel tanks done up in the same "Patriotic" Motif!

the 84 R65 on break returning from the 2011 MOA Rally. this bike is running well and not causing any electrical issues like the red 81 R65 is.

Attachments

• photor65two.JPG
    photor65two.JPG
    150.5 KB · Views: 754
Hey WildThyme,
I looked at that bike.It was in Leonardsville right?Those flags are something else aren't they? If I remember right he had an extra tank and set of fenders for it. Too much of a project for me. Good luck,I can't wait to see what you do with her.
George

Hey WildThyme,
I looked at that bike.It was in Leonardsville right?Those flags are something else aren't they? If I remember right he had an extra tank and set of fenders for it. Too much of a project for me. Good luck,I can't wait to see what you do with her.
George

that is the bike. yes it came with extra set of fenders both tanks toaster and large capacity original seat and the Retro one. I am in no rush to finsh and so far it has been a fun project

Wow what a sight when I pulled in the driveway
take care
Mike

I thought the same thing when i first saw the bike. Myself and a buddy rode down to Brookfield for the antique motorcycle show and stopped to look at that bike on the way home.I told him he had to see it,but it was gone.I can't wait to see the after pictures.

Picked up last November. 3000 miles riding and countless hours synching, tinkering, replacing cables, seals etc. Hopelessly hooked on Airheads.

Attachments

• R100S.jpg
    R100S.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 472
Pretty bike, what year is it?
Oops...'78 R100RS - PO had "converted to S specs" which to my relatively ignorant BMWness means he put the bubble fairing on and changed a couple of badges...(I put the lower S bars on last Thursday)
would love a PM from anybody who has comments about said "conversion".
(will add bike info to sig.)

Last edited:
Back