• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

lorazepam said:
Here is the latest addition to the stable
Welcome to the airhead family loraz!!! The bike is gorgeous. Do you have bags? You just couldn't wait to get that fairing off, could you!

What will it's plate/tag say?

here's the latest - got her cleaned up today - runs like a watch -

Attachments

• MVC-020S.JPG
    MVC-020S.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 2,261
The pic was to show off the welder on another site. The bike (1983 R80RT) just happened to be in the back ground. I built a crane with which to load it on the truck to take along while snow birding. Then the snow wouldn't let us get the trailer out of the driveway. Life marches on.

Attachments

• MP350-R80RT BMW.jpg
    MP350-R80RT BMW.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,256
boxergrrlie said:
You just couldn't wait to get that fairing off, could you!

What will it's plate/tag say?

I would rather have something smaller than that flat huge piece of plastic up front.

As far as a plate, I am thinking R80ST. I think I can get that ;)

lorazepam said:
Here is the latest addition to the stable minus the aftermarket stuff. It is a 1984 R80ST. (all you guys with deposits, I have my ST first :D )
15805121-M.jpg

Looks like you have a Russells rack on the back there, along with the bag mounts. Those things are NLA, so take care of them.

dave

Let's try this again

I think I tried this earlier in the thread, but I don't think the picture came through. Here goes again. This is my baby, a 1977 R100RS. Several modifications have been made to her, mostly be the original owner. I am the second owner. Estimated displacement 1200cc due to bored 1mm over with new pistons.(If any of you guys doubt my estimate, please tell me because I am going on the opinion of a mechanic I know) New black diamond exhuast valves with stainless steel intakes. Double sparks heads with unleaded gas conversion. Cromo fork braces. Solid aluminum (thick) triple tree. Barbacks with Parabellum screen. Krausers with a Corbin. That's all I can think of at the moment.

enjoy
MG

Attachments

• R100RS_C.jpg
    R100RS_C.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,356
White is so spiffy

Nice looking bike! I'll bet it'll be a wonderful addition to the family.

boxergrrlie said:
Nice looking bike! I'll bet it'll be a wonderful addition to the family.

It needs some things, but this bike belonged to a now departed friend of mine. I should really put together a ride report for this.

I've got a long list of parts to buy, but it should be ride ready in a couple weeks. The current tires are 5+ years old and are as grippy as a bowling ball. :lol

Thanks, BG.

16226305-M.jpg

sweet bike man, i'm really starting to think getting rid of the airhead might not be such a wise idea..........

Back