• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Hey, guys, this forum area is mostly about showing pictures...some discussion (aka Free Speech) but mostly pictures. We know motorcycling in whatever form is a personal choice, so let's just leave it that way! Thanks...

"And Now, A Word From Our Sponsors . . . ."

Well to be more precise, photos of my /5 during the Fireflight Rendezvous in Maupin OR last weekend . . . .

Rafters on the Deschutes River, just downstream from Maupin
IMG_3106.jpg

Mt Hood
IMG_3126.jpg

Mt Adams, from near Windy Ridge viewpoint on Mt St Helens
IMG_3166.jpg

I like the look of the /7 tank on your /5.

Thanks! The tank was on the bike when I bought it and I've no clue who or why the switch was made. The side panels suggest it was toaster-assuming they're original. Crash damage? Rust? Maybe someone just didn't like the toaster?

At any event I think it looks fine too, plus I like having the extra capacity.

This was the first short tour I took with the old girl. She did fine.

Beautiful bike. Beautiful scenery. Fun roads. Sounds like heaven to me.

Airhead heaven indeed. The Oregon Airmarshal puts the event on every year in early September. I first learned about it in the Airmail. Great time and wonderful riding.

R100cs

r100cs.jpg

Just picked this 1982 R100CS up. Been sitting since 1998. 21,822 original miles! Can't wait to fire her up...

Nice score !! May I ask where you found / bought it ? It looks familiar . I'm near Cincinnati , you're not that far away.

Probably the same bike, with kickstarter. They thought it was a 1984 until we pulled the title.

1978 r100/7

Just picked up a 1978 R100/7 last Thursday 15,791 two owner miles on it...runs good, everything works.
She needs the typical TLC.

Got everything that I think I will need to get her on the road for fall color tour time.

I have a thread going in the Airheads forum about her.

Probably the same bike, with kickstarter. They thought it was a 1984 until we pulled the title.

Thought it looked familiar , I'm fairly sure I know the folks you bought it from. I always liked that bike. I'm not an expert , but I have never seen that color combo on any other one.

Just Joined

I quit riding in about 1982. Back then I had had a Norton, a Triumph and a Honda trail bike. Now I am retired and thought it would be fun to ride some before I got too old or took up lame. I thought I might get one of those old British classics, but they are hard to find, expensive, and as I remembered it, always needed repairs to keep them running. Then I started looking at old airhead BMWs.

After some looking around, I bought this from a guy in Eastern Washington. A 1983 R100 with 78,000 miles. The bike actually was his wife's. He rode an R80, and had a toaster in the garage, and I think another one off site. He and his wife are into touring, so the bike came with the Windjammer, bags, rack in the back, backrest, etc.

So, I bought it and trailered it home. After taking the course and getting my motorcycle endorsement, started riding. And stripping stuff off the bike. Now, without the Windjammer, hard bags and rack, backrest. Put on shorter lower handlebars, got a new headlight, front turn signals

It's been a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles, and I am loving it.

Bob Ross

I quit riding in about 1982. Back then I had had a Norton, a Triumph and a Honda trail bike. Now I am retired and thought it would be fun to ride some before I got too old or took up lame. I thought I might get one of those old British classics, but they are hard to find, expensive, and as I remembered it, always needed repairs to keep them running. Then I started looking at old airhead BMWs.

After some looking around, I bought this from a guy in Eastern Washington. A 1983 R100 with 78,000 miles. The bike actually was his wife's. He rode an R80, and had a toaster in the garage, and I think another one off site. He and his wife are into touring, so the bike came with the Windjammer, bags, rack in the back, backrest, etc.

So, I bought it and trailered it home. After taking the course and getting my motorcycle endorsement, started riding. And stripping stuff off the bike. Now, without the Windjammer, hard bags and rack, backrest. Put on shorter lower handlebars, got a new headlight, front turn signals

It's been a couple of months and a couple of thousand miles, and I am loving it.

Bob Ross

Hard to tell in the photo, but is that the Reynolds 'cantilever' rack? Lifts up in the back & pulls back from the seat cowl?

Hard to tell in the photo, but is that the Reynolds 'cantilever' rack? Lifts up in the back & pulls back from the seat cowl?

Yep, I had that same rack on my 1983 R80RT. As well as the Reynolds ride-off center stand also seen on this bike.

Nice-looking bike. You might want to keep those side cases around. They sure are handy for runs to the grocery store and a place to lock up the helmet. Enjoy!

great buy

Hi, what a great buy! welcome back start going to rallies and enjoy, did you know your bike is a "last edition", special model?,well ride safe and welcome back once again,Jimmy

Back