• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Welcome aboard Bil. We're riding pretty much the same bike, down to the Brown's side stand.

Where did you score your tank cover? I haven't seen any like it for years. I have a not-so-pretty big tank that it would be the perfect cure for.

I found it on eBay. I think it was made by Mustang. I have a nice toaster tank underneath but I like the cover to protect it plus I like the look.

Bill

Looks like you have a Havana Gold color on your R75/7. I am just finishing up another one like yours. It had been in storage for 20+ years.

Attachments

• IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 654
Also a Shwartz Black one

...my first airhead now resides in Colorado...and it's for sale darn it!
I wish I could afford to buy it back...

IMG_0232.jpg

Last edited:
'86 r80rt

This is the before picture. The bike's in the middle of a refresh. New coat of paint and some other goodies. I'm going outside the BMW box on the paint :)

Attachments

• Gazos Creek.jpg
    Gazos Creek.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 591
1991 R100 cafe project out for a spin

Sun came out on a Friday afternoon in the PNW, so I played a lil hooky from work, finished bleeding the front brakes, slapped the plates on and took her out for the first spin after the rebuild.....loved the sensation when you hit the gas and your butt presses back into the cafe seat pocket...this baby is fun to ride!!

Attachments

• cafe.jpg
    cafe.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 732
The tail piece and fairing came from Craig at BoxerCafe...bolted right on....he has a shelf for relocating the battery to the tailcone...worked slick...seat made by ginger at new church moto in Portland...great upholstery work...she used to sew leathers at Langlitz.....I did sole minor reshaping of stock front fence

1983 R80, fresh resto

Finished and waiting for the warmer weather to show up!
:thumb

Attachments

• IMAG0673.jpg
    IMAG0673.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 602
  • IMAG0672.jpg
    IMAG0672.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 602
Back