• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

uh oh, its a '74. its got the lock em up transmission. yeehah!! (search on 1974 detent sprint if you need clarification)

yeah, looks like you've got a bit of work in front of you.

5008541345_3a7222e9dc_b.jpg

Yeah, my new /6 probably could use a bit of elbow grease to say the least (and that's just the outside). For your enjoyment I've attempted to insert this "bonus" pic into my post but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Either my CRS is acting up or something has changed as I'm pretty sure that some picture posts I did earlier this year (or was it last year?) worked just fine by inserting via the picture icon.

I must be a glutton for punishment for now owning 3 1974 /6's and being well aware of the supposed shortcomings we've all heard about for this model year but I still like their looks more than the post 74's (esp. the turn signal housings and turnsignal controls). I did suffer the misfortune of having my tranny shaft splines completely and unexpectedly strip out on me on my R75 150 miles from home 6 years ago. I suspect this had more to do with the splines not having been lubed after the bike sat for 5 years than with the design flaws attributed to this model year. Lesson learned and tranny replaced with a newer model. Believe me when I tell you that when you hear the sound of the splines stripping you will know instantly what happened, no matter how mechanically disinclined you may be. Pushing almost 100k miles (estimated as the odo is skipping and reads 120k) the R75 has been virtually trouble free otherwise. Great bikes.

Mac -

You'll need to either upload the image using the paperclip icon at the top of the message screen or, if the image is out on the web on an image hosting site (smugmug, flickr, etc.), then using the features of those sites to provide the URL here or even hot-link the image directly into your post.

HTH...

1980 Bmw R100 Exclusive Sport

Just installed barend mirrors on my bike, great fall day, now out for a ride.

Attachments

• bmwr100s 001 (1).jpg
    bmwr100s 001 (1).jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 787
1980 Bmw R100 Exclusive Sport

couldnt fit both pictures on one post

Attachments

• bmwr100s 001 (2).jpg
    bmwr100s 001 (2).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 787
More pics

Hi - This thread prompted me to finally join MOA - and view 114 pages. What great looking stuff! Heres mine - '91 RT, '83 ST, '84 FLHS

2vabbeo.jpg

9j2ds1.jpg

i1eebr.jpg

Back