• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

72 Toaster 75/5R

Shes all original except for the horns which are off a Mercedes.

Attachments

• Cycles 003.jpg
    Cycles 003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 1,082
1977 R100/7 w/ 74,000 on the clock

my 1977 R100/7 w/ 74,000 on the clock. A pleasure to own and a pleasure to ride. I continually find myself dreaming up more reasons to take a ride. Even lame reasons sound good to me!

Attachments

• IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 932
steve does your front wheel have the webbing at the hub? if not you can get a new one, comes with new bearngs,, it was a recall..

steve does your front wheel have the webbing at the hub? if not you can get a new one, comes with new bearngs,, it was a recall..
Damn, you're right. That sure looks like a pre-recall snowflake. Good eye. :thumb

The wheel is indeed a non- buttressed unit. I have done a very close inspection of the spokes looking for any sign of cracking, but found none. Is there a specific place where the crack?

my 78 was in the recall, should be covered, cracks were to have happened were the spokes met the hub...

I just picked up a set of old Krausers for my LWB /5. There isn't more than about the thickness of a finger between the bottoms of the cases and the mufflers; not enough to even install Krauser Heat Shields.

It looks like this set-up is about the same.... yes? No? I'm asking... . .
icon_wink.gif
And anyone else wo may want to chime in.

Mine look to have about 2" clearance. I put some ~1/2" spacers at the muffler mounts to give more room. Do not remember if I switched mufflers side to side. I seem to remember there wasn't much space and was concerned about heat.

Thanks for asking - My '94 R100RT Picture

My new-to-me 1994 R100RT. I've had many bikes with this being my first airhead. All of my other BMWs were K bikes. I had to have a classic airhead and here it is. Here's to many outstanding miles! Thanks for encouraging pictures.

Regards,
Rob Owen

Attachments

• DSCN2200.jpg
    DSCN2200.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 866
my new airhead...

...this one came w/ an extra wheel! I'm looking forward to many miles on this rig, starting w/ a ride around Eastern Oregon later this month. The tug started life as a '77 R100S, #306 off the assembly line.

I hope to restore the s-fairing this coming winter (I have the original fairing w/ gauges, it needs some elbow grease and paint). The seat cowl is long gone so the bike has a new /7 repro seat. I added the /6 valve covers 'cause I had them on a shelf and the /7 covers had been stripped of paint and never repainted, they were a bit homely.

Off to go for a ride...

886827641_4sHV7-M.jpg

886830386_h9yfc-M.jpg

Rig

N-I-C-E rig!! Post it in the "Sidecars & Trikes" Forum as well.

Are you having any "fatigue issues" with those low euro bars? Who, may I ask, set it up?

Back