• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

my two

WOTCV-mybemmers.jpg

they are great fun

WOTCV-mybemmers.jpg

they are great fun
Got any better photos of the Motorsport? Is it one of the '78s or is it the later '80s version? I can't quite make out any of the telltales for the original (blue seat; red nose panel) in these shots.

What kind of seat is that?

The seat is a Corbin. It was on the bike when I purchsed it. It is similar to the one I had on my RS and I believe it is called the dual canyon. This one is very comfy. I would rather have a stock seat for the original looks and will purchse one. The nice thing about the Corbin is the ability to add a back rest for the passenger and then remove it afer.

Not many of these around anymore.................

Hey big bro,

That reminds me of the one on Route 5 (North Main Street) that we used to go to with the folks. I made some dogs the other night just like the ones we would get with the toasted buns and all!

Nice toaster by the way. I know you are anxious to get it out of Ted's Bike Shop and ride the heck out of it this summer.

Mine will be just find for the year I am gone but I appreciate the offer!

Steve:

The A&W in that shot is in Middlebury on Rt. 7. It's the only one left in all of Vermont (from what I've been told). Yes, I fondly remember the one we used to have here in town. After Little League games, our coach would bring us down there for ice cream floats. Good times................

Keep in touch.

LTSNP-Stevespics002.jpg

QGXYK-78rsseat002.jpg

1978 with blue seat and with the other seat. it came with two blue seats.
Holy crap. Mine was 'abandoned' with only the dual blue seat on it. I'd kill to find a blue solo saddle. I'd severely maim for a stock replacement blue cover for mine ...

Do you know if your tank roundels are original to the bike? While I would prefer to have the Motorsport logos like that, all original photos I have seen show the standard roundel.

touring tank with toaster wrapped up? You dog! Keep it that way. Knee pads and 6 gallons for getting there; use the toaster for showing off! Good deal.

I know right! I like the toaster tank and all but it is a bit small and for all its worth it I dont want it to get all dinged up. So dont expect me to roll to the rally sporting the toaster tank!

St Mary Ride 2007

Charity run for St Mary Medical Center in Bucks County PA - me, a Duck and 350+Harleys.

Attachments

• stmary40.JPG
    stmary40.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 1,449
lloks like a older nice sweet ride, and glad you are riding for such a positive cause
nice job....doc

give this a try...88' 100GS WITH 2000 MILES...boight last May but has elec issues (tail/park/inst lites-any ideas 'cept the fuse?)
greg

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,398
Back