• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a pic of your Airhead

The cables were easy. A bit of creative re-routing, and the existing cables and brake line were just fine.
The hardest part was getting the RT "gloveboxes" out of the way. I've decided to leave them off to facilitate conversion between RT and RS spec.

I just converted it back to RT spec for winter commuting. Took about 2-3 hours of actual work time, although I spent a week doing it so I could address a few issues under the fairing and fuel tank that needed attention.

I just did the conversion from an R100 to an R100RT and have an RS fairing I am prepping and painting now for the Springtime. I'm curious why you said "the hardest part was getting the gloveboxes out of the way"? What are they in the way of? I just trimmed mine back so they wouldn't hit the tank at all...but they aren't in the way.

When you switch to the RS fairing, do you change the spider frame as well or have you made other mods?

755688413_EViaQ-L.jpg

I really love all the bikes on this page! Rpeckham, RecycledRS and mhale1; kudos to each of you! A purposeful RT, a John Player special and a cafe racer; great bikes all.

GS Kalahari

From what I've heard, they were the very last of the Airheads and South Africa was the target market. They were somewhat of a throw back model which was intended to incorporate many of the R80G/S parts (the popular 80's model that had been discontinued). Among the obvious differences are the new paralever swing arm, blue framework, Dakar tank and retro style valve covers. I bought mine in Guatemala where I have seen a couple of others. That's about all I know about them. It's a very smooth and comfortable motorcycle that is competent off-road and is now my first choice for longer trips over mixed terrain. It's a keeper!

Newest member to the herd.

A SWB /5, 5 speed transmission, period bags by FiberMold, Sargent seat.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 746
I am sure I look like a gorilla riding a football

I swear I can hear the little guy cuss when I climb on but it's really fun to ride. :clap

Attachments

• 12.19.09 093.jpg
    12.19.09 093.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 727
'93 gspd

Just picked this up today. Pictured next to the bike is the PO, Ed Sabin.

Too cold here in Florida to take it for a ride, 32 degrees and raining (reports of snow in some areas). I may have to break out the hot cocoa.

DSC_8397_croped.JPG

'71 r60/5

Here is my R60. Former basket case. Claims 48k on the clock.

Attachments

• BMW right front.jpg
    BMW right front.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 914
its about time I posted a pic or two, custom seat and tail section,retro krausers, police front fender, paint job for the fun of it(got tired of the stealth grey and at 100k it was looking tired too)

That's great! Nice touch on the covers.

Back