• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

'71 R60/5, This is starting to become a habit...

Just arrived last night. This had been in the same family since new. Passed down from grandfather, to father, to son.

DSC_9255.JPG

:scratch Can anyone identify the cases and rear rack?

DSC_9258.JPG

N-I-C-E rig!! Post it in the "Sidecars & Trikes" Forum as well.

Are you having any "fatigue issues" with those low euro bars? Who, may I ask, set it up?

I switched the bars from some taller (new) slash 2 bars to the low/wide bars (they are low, wide, sidecar bars so are wider than euro bars). I did this because I eventually want to get the s-fairing back on the bike so wanted to test the lower bars (since the taller bars aren't compatible w/ the fairing).

As for fatigue, I love the bars. They allow me to lean slightly forward which is very comfortable on my back versus sitting more straight-up. So, comfort and leverage is very good but I haven't tested them on a long trip, that will happen later this month. I'll report back on how I like them after a 1,000+ mile road trip!

Lonnie Cook (now in Boise, ID) did most of the set-up (as I understand from the previous owner). It is set up well, I'm very impressed w/ the handling of this rig!

Cool, when did we get a sidecar forum? I haven't been paying attention!

Went for a ride to Pentwater, Mi. for lunch yesterday. Two other airheads in town.

Attachments

• BMWs Pentwater 011.jpg
    BMWs Pentwater 011.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,132
1985 r80rt

I found this lady in rural IN for $2600. With 43k on the clock and in very ridable condition I feel I stole her. Very well maintained, but feel the rear shock is quite bouncy. I've set it to a lower setting, but have yet to ride to find out. Just had a cervical fusion and have a couple more weeks before I ride again :nono says the doc.
Came with an extra Corbin seat that is in drastic need of recovering. Would really like to get a backrest put on it and keep the stock seat, stock. Luv the backrest on my LT.

picture.php

Last edited:
I've posted my R80CS here before but now it belongs to my wife (at least it seems it does, she hasn't touched her F650 since her first ride on the 80 a few weeks ago!). I figured the change of "ownership" deserved another post, that and the fact that the wheels are now painted black. Here's my wife on the 80 motoring through Oregon last weekend as we returned from the National Moto Guzzi Rally.

Anybody wanna buy a super clean, factory lowered, '99 F650!

917041888_DBjwH-M.jpg

Newly Restored 81 R65

Just completed my total restoration of my (wife's) 81 R65. I have developed a true love affair for this bike. It is a joy to ride and is very nimble and quick, true to all airheads; it does everything well. The bike sat for years and developed a bad case of sea air corrosion after the OR stored it at waters edge in San Diego Yacht Club. It's a complete ground up restoration - enjoyed every minute of it.

The entire process can be viewed at:

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq8/gruntyman66/81 R650 Restoration/

Mike V. / San Diego
ABC

Attachments

• Ride 5-22-10 009.jpg
    Ride 5-22-10 009.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,067
Thanks guys...much appreciated. Really a great little bike, loads of fun and has little trouble keeping up with bigger family members. I have about 1200 miles on it since it's rebuild. Valves are almost completely settled-in and the bugs are all but worked out. A real treat in the local canyons.

Back