• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

My daily driver......my baby.

My 95 R100RT.

Attachments

• 092506 001.jpg
    092506 001.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 1,263
very nice. My undersanding is that the solid black with blue lininig was a Butler & Smith "special" of some sort. Mine is a metallic black. And, you might want to check your valve covers. Looks like the links and rechts might have been swapped.

Links = left
Rechts = right

Notice that the fins on the cover do not run level- that's the giveaway that they have been swapped.

My New Found Happines

This is my 76 R75/6 w California Sidecar

Attachments

• 76-2.jpg
    76-2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,223
That would be my guess. And, by the way, the 78s were originally unpainted. I did paint mine, and the front cover, just because I like tham that way!

brother - in laws bike

TT racer

Attachments

• PICT7385.jpg
    PICT7385.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,063
hey guys, new member here! my airhead is a slightly modified R65. It was my dad's until he got a new one a few years ago. he had it all stock exept for a Luftmeister fairing. last year i started by stripping the bike down, fairing, reynolds rack w/ backrest, airbox, starter cover, pulse air system, rear fender, rear seat cowl, "US" handlebars, headlight w/ bracket and instruments, choke cable/lever, all gone. added clip-ons, manual choke levers from handcrafted coat hanger, Aztec 8 (5 3/4in.) Dual headlight kit w/ cat eye turn signals, Trail Tech Vapor computer w/ motorcycle dummy light cover, K&N pod filters, and Emgo shorty pipes (i think that's it...). i have yet to buy rearsets. i don't really see it as a cafe racer, more of a streetfighter. tell me what you think, more pics coming soon of complete product, the pic was taken a few months ago.

btw gproberts, great bike! could you list all of the mods on it?

Attachments

• PDRM0103.jpg
    PDRM0103.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,025
Looks good - needs a cafe style seat.

Something along these lines:

Attachments

• 154121329.jpg
    154121329.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,155
yea thought about that corbin gunfighter but its not the look i want to get. i don't want people to see the seat and write it off as just another "cafe" bike when it's not, i don't want to get lumped in that category, i think a lot of people slap a gunfighter and a "S" fairing on and call it a cafe and it seems to make light of all of the other people that put serious work into their custom cafes.

on a lighter note, there are more pics available on my facebook album starting from after i took off my fairing @http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13371&l=eea7b&id=533986563

here's my old (83) r80st, i'll post the new (84) one when we hit the road this summer
tour1.jpg

Upgraded '75 R90/6 -- winter 2007/8 project bike finished

Here's a snap of my son's and my airhead taken last weekend at the Valle Caldera National Wildlife Preserve in Northern New Mexico. We will be at the '08 Rally this year -- hope to see you all there too!​

Attachments

• Caldera BMW 1.jpg
    Caldera BMW 1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 1,086
Back