• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.

That looks like a bike my friend Bill owned for many years in Santa Cruz, CA.

Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.

Tank, fairing, Lester mags, I just threw up in my mouth. Take it back to stock, quickly.

I love this old Airhead... what a beauty !!
This picture was taken today after fitting a new 3/4 sport solo tailsection that took me 3 months from start to finish, to acquire from it's previous owner. I also switched to a vented grille in the front of the fairing because of the hot weather here in Texas.
AA1982R100RS080512.jpg

AAa1982R100RS080512.jpg

Very nice indeed. Sitting behind that fairing is one of the nicest places to be, especially when the weather is bad. Some of us used to refer to cold, drizzley nights as "RS weather".

Yup, that is a very nice bike. I too have the 3/4 seat and the vented front cover. Nice to ride and nice to look at.

When I rode it to Canada the truck in front of me at the border crossing had a bumper sticker that spelled out the acronym of you (photo shopped) license plate. The border guards were having him empty the truck bed and the cab.

Probably thought that last F stood for Frenchie or something, lol. Wasn't a border crossing into Quebec was it? They just about outlaw English up there.

Y'know,.. somebody put a lot of expense and effort into that bike. If it were mine, I'd fix it up and run it as is. If you decide you can't stand it as it is, you could then do the project,...or,... sell it to me.

I understand what you are saying, most of my purist airhead friends say the same thing. Re-do it just as it is.

Tank, fairing, Lester mags, I just threw up in my mouth. Take it back to stock, quickly.

I had the same thoughts, at first. the more I look at it, the more I think I may just re-do it as it is. Unique, although some would say hideous.

Y'know,.. somebody put a lot of expense and effort into that bike. If it were mine, I'd fix it up and run it as is. If you decide you can't stand it as it is, you could then do the project,...or,... sell it to me.

Agreed. But if you really do decide to go back to stock on that bike, I'd be willing to take that seat off of your hands. That's an R100RS seat, and I would really like to have one like that on my '77.

82 r65ls

The LS has been a labor of love, it is in really good shape, 17K. All stock except for the exhaust canisters. Success of this LS is directly linked to the advice of many of the members of this forum!!!!!

Michigan

Attachments

• DSC01072.JPG
    DSC01072.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 663
That's a sweeeeeet looking R60, how many miles and when did it get a paint job?
Thanks!

~77k miles when purchased, original paint as far as I can tell.

Going to have the engine checked top to bottom and then start with a restoration / refresh from there. Already a BLAST to ride!

Sorry to burst your optimistic bubble, but that's not original paint. There should be decals on the battery covers and there should be pinstriping on the tank and fenders.

R100R Classic

1995 R100R Classic

Attachments

• 271920_10152109233845615_890147951_o.jpg
    271920_10152109233845615_890147951_o.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 698
Last edited:

I'm probably not the first in line, but I PM'ed you about this.

Back