• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

I JUST CANT STOP LOOKING AT IT!

Its my first. Ive lusted after this for years!

Attachments

• picture 114.jpg
    picture 114.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 3,613
Re: I JUST CANT STOP LOOKING AT IT!

TZOLK said:

Double DANG that is one pretty bike! I don't think that I've ever seen that paint job. How many miles on it?

1990 GSPD

Yeah, its the original paint style before they changed it the next year. something about infringing on the name of the Paris Dakar Rally. It has 39,000 on it, runs great. Do you catch yourself spending minutes/ hours just staring at them outside or in the garage? That goes great with a good Hefeweizen if you savy!
I just put the Jesse bags on it last week.

Attachments

• picture 116.jpg
    picture 116.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 3,578
Re: 1990 GSPD

TZOLK said:
That goes great with a good Hefeweizen if you savy!
You look kinda young to be drinking or riding a motorcycle....

;)

Re: I JUST CANT STOP LOOKING AT IT!

TZOLK said:

Congratulations on your bike! They are great!! I've probably owned 30 bikes in the last 20 years and my GSs are far and away my favorites!

Sweet!!

Wow. Those are totally cool! How do you like the original windshield on your PD. I cant seem to find one anywhere. How about problems with the drivetrain on the airheads...trans...heads..ect? No problems here 39,000. Ticking on the right head but gonna try to shim the rockers...runs great.Greaseable shaft and Lucas Oil Stabilizer and Lucas gear Oil in the gearbox. Shifts good. How do you rate ,compare your PD(the original Adventure) with your Adventure. Cant get enough!!

This is my newest baby. Finally persuaded my brother to sell it to me after it sat un-loved in his garage for 10+years. It's especially sweet since it's the first Beemer I ever rode. I now own the first two street bikes I ever rode. The first was an RD400 which is nearing completion.

Attachments

• r75.jpg
    r75.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 3,534
dlearl said:
This is my newest baby. Finally persuaded my brother to sell it to me after it sat un-loved in his garage for 10+years. It's especially sweet since it's the first Beemer I ever rode. I now own the first two street bikes I ever rode. The first was an RD400 which is nearing completion.

Is that an ST hiding in there?

better late than never i suppose.........

84 r100 with /5 handlebars, always looks better in pictures, but for $1500 w/42K i wasn't complaining

Attachments

• img_1012.jpg
    img_1012.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 3,386
KBasa said:
Is that an ST hiding in there?

Sorry, didn't mean to ignore you Dave, somehow this never popped up on the "view new post" search. Yes, it is indeed my '99 Sprint ST. And today my '74 Alpina* was delivered, so next week it's time to clean the garage a bit and get a "family portrait" for the "show us your garage thread".

*Of the Bultaco variety. The search continues for an Alpina 3.0CSi.

Okay, I'm computer dumb, but I'm gonna try to attach a pic of my pride & joy! :dunno

Okay...gonna try it again, but I'm still clueless:dunno

Attachments

• scots rt.jpg
    scots rt.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 3,271
Last edited:
post a pic of your airhead

I had to have the centre stand lugs welded on my 79 R100RT over the winter so decided to bite the bullet and have the frame powdercoated. I've had it for 7 years now and have had many mods installed. I had trouble bleeding the rear brakes but have finally solved that problem by ensuring that the various brake fluid lines were in a continuously ascending position while I was doing the bleeding. Here's what she looks like now.

Attachments

• bruce bike 1 small.jpg
    bruce bike 1 small.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 3,293
Guzzi said:
Okay, I'm computer dumb, but I'm gonna try to attach a pic of my pride & joy! :dunno

Well...so much for that attempt! Too many bytes, I guess. Does anyone know how (or IF) I can reduce the bytes of the pic I've got, so I can post it?:confused:

Back