• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

Your black bike does not.

I repainted (for the third time) last winter.

I like the no-stripe look so opted not to have my buddy stripe it; I think the stripes compete with the chrome. I restored a 6gal touring tank and did have it striped. Too much real estate on those tanks, they need the stripes to break it up.

Totally missed the rear sets James. My LWB /5 was built in December, '72. Whose rear sets are those (and don't say yours... I know they're yours)
09.gif
I like 'em. Could you take a couple of close ups for us?

Last edited:
Finally bought a BMW

New to the club...GREAT finally bought me a BMW, wanted one since 1989.

Attachments

• DSCN0021 (399x299).jpg
    DSCN0021 (399x299).jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 796
restored 74' R90/6

bmw1.jpg

Courtesy of Bud H. in Downingtown, PA and Mac K. Glenmoor, PA. The bike belongs to my brother.

My 1982 R100RS

I love this old Airhead... what a beauty !!
This picture was taken today after fitting a new 3/4 sport solo tailsection that took me 3 months from start to finish, to acquire from it's previous owner. I also switched to a vented grille in the front of the fairing because of the hot weather here in Texas.
AA1982R100RS080512.jpg

AAa1982R100RS080512.jpg

I love this old Airhead... what a beauty !!
This picture was taken today after fitting a new 3/4 sport solo tailsection that took me 3 months from start to finish, to acquire from it's previous owner. I also switched to a vented grille in the front of the fairing because of the hot weather here in Texas.

Yup, that is a very nice bike. I too have the 3/4 seat and the vented front cover. Nice to ride and nice to look at.

When I rode it to Canada the truck in front of me at the border crossing had a bumper sticker that spelled out the acronym of you (photo shopped) license plate. The border guards were having him empty the truck bed and the cab.

Can somenody who has one of the 3/4 seats get a pic of the edge of the Fingerhold cutouts?

I have a Flatracer 3/4 seat. Very good quality BTW.

It has the spots for the cutouts, and it has the little scoops separate to put in if you want to.

I'm not sure if I'll put them in, but I would like to see the edge and how it is supposed to look if I do.

Here's the happy sled after an excellent run in Colorado...

Attachments

• detector 002.jpg
    detector 002.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 613
Can somenody who has one of the 3/4 seats get a pic of the edge of the Fingerhold cutouts?

I have a Flatracer 3/4 seat. Very good quality BTW.

It has the spots for the cutouts, and it has the little scoops separate to put in if you want to.

I'm not sure if I'll put them in, but I would like to see the edge and how it is supposed to look if I do.

Not the best picture but you get the idea.
Hard to get trim in place, did it a long time ago.

Attachments

• seat 008.jpg
    seat 008.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 516
I missed Airheads...

5Z05K45Fe3K73L93J7c7m63108dbc49ca1be4.jpg

5N35L65Mf3F73I93Nfc7m93b7fbb5f4721b0b.jpg

5Ea5F95H43F83I63Ncc7mc13b4fe947e01951.jpg

5N55Ga5Kb3G23Me3Jec7mc0ec5cc1dd5613c8.jpg

1986 R65 Monoshock, 10k miles. Still waiting for MVC docs before I go for a proper ride.

fresh out of 5 years of storage

Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.

Attachments

• photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 623
Last weekend...

Last weekend, while racing across Colorado, took a quick stop in Salida...

Attachments

• r100s-in-salida.jpg
    r100s-in-salida.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 582
Just bought this "project" 1974 R90S. It has a lot of period correct options, (the biggest gas tank I've ever seen, Avon Lynx 4 piece fairing, fallert oil sump, solo and dual seats, lester mag wheels, etc. Not sure, but thinking i will take all that stuff off and take it back to a silver smoke R90S. More once I decide.

Y'know,.. somebody put a lot of expense and effort into that bike. If it were mine, I'd fix it up and run it as is. If you decide you can't stand it as it is, you could then do the project,...or,... sell it to me.

Back