• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Do these other ones qualify as Airheads, too?

P4262203med.jpg

You guys have some sweet rides!! I always find the older bikes to be more beautiful. However I find the new ones a true blast to ride. Maybe someday (sigh) I can find a basket case to rebuild and possibly restore.

lorazepam said:
You guys have some sweet rides!! I always find the older bikes to be more beautiful. However I find the new ones a true blast to ride. Maybe someday (sigh) I can find a basket case to rebuild and possibly restore.

Lrzpm-How far is the state of confusion from Nevada. I have a friend with a /2 (IIRC) or a 69/S in boxes he's looking for a new home for. He pestered me for a while, then I bought this from him. (Qualifies as an "airhead" doesn't it?) Don't have any pics of my R60/5 or my new R75/5.

Attachments

• my duc.jpg
    my duc.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 6,251
dlearl said:
Lrzpm-How far is the state of confusion from Nevada. I have a friend with a /2 (IIRC) or a 69/S in boxes he's looking for a new home for. He pestered me for a while, then I bought this from him. (Qualifies as an "airhead" doesn't it?) Don't have any pics of my R60/5 or my new R75/5.
A bevel head single with right side shifter -- very cool. I bet that's a blast! My R60/2 started out (for me) as a total basket case. What does your friend want for his /2 basket?

DarrylRi said:
A bevel head single with right side shifter -- very cool. I bet that's a blast! My R60/2 started out (for me) as a total basket case. What does your friend want for his /2 basket?

So far, the only "blast" has been a jet of water at the car wash before I stripped it. I'll let you know when I get it together. Imagine you're right, it will be. Perfect companion for my other Italian single, my '99 F650!

When last we spoke, he was asking $2k. If you're interested, I'll find out more.

I am in Ohio, a fair distance from Nevada. Right now I don't have a shop to work in. I started a new job in January. I want to be there a bit longer before I start using space for "personal" projects. The garage at the apartment does not lend itself to bike restorations, I have to share it with the other tenants. Soon I hope to find a place I can do some rebuilding in. I miss doing that kind of thing, and it makes the winter go much better to have a project. If they are still available when I have the space, I will be interested.

lorazepam said:
I am in Ohio, a fair distance from Nevada. Right now I don't have a shop to work in. I started a new job in January. I want to be there a bit longer before I start using space for "personal" projects. The garage at the apartment does not lend itself to bike restorations, I have to share it with the other tenants. Soon I hope to find a place I can do some rebuilding in. I miss doing that kind of thing, and it makes the winter go much better to have a project. If they are still available when I have the space, I will be interested.

I'm in a similar situation as you space wise. I rented a 10x20' storage space at my local self storage facility (with outside access) and have turned it into a garage - I have electricity but no water. It's a great substitute for a garage for those of us who are apartment bound. Just an idea to consider.

Like this thread.

Like the orange one (could not get through to your link you have posted Jon-Lars, tried several times. How come BG made it I wonder?)
Love the two tone paint job on the grey/black one and Daryl's stable. Thanks for sharing everybody.
DANG - I like it when people say DANG!

My R60/5 and me on Skyline Drive VA

Attachments

• mebike1.jpg
    mebike1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 5,252
Back