• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

IMG_0239.jpg

beautiful Madison

How I miss my Mad Town

nhlkats said:
IMG_0239.jpg

beautiful Madison

I love this picture...it has all you need...a R bike and Mad city. I was born n raised in Milwaukee, undergrad in Mad town and now live in upstate New York. If I could only import the twisty roads of the Adirondacks around Madison, I'd have the perfect place to live! Go Badgers!

nhlkats said:
how exactly does one "do" pic of t3h week? and thank you.

edit: nevermind :)

To submit photos for consideration please send a note to webpost@bmwmoa.org with the photo attached or a link to the photo, along with your member number. Feel free to include a caption for your picture. All photos must be owned by the person submitting and by so doing you grant the BMW MOA the right to publish the photo in any of our media, either print or electronic. No payment is made and we reserve the right to refuse, edit or modify any submissions.

My '72 R75/5 Blue "Toaster".

Attachments

• beemer.jpg
    beemer.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,523
01-Baseline-right.jpg

R65-new-tail-light-03.jpg

My new, to me, 80 R65! Nice shape for $1500 and 39K miles.

I already have added the fairing, LED tail light, smaller turn signals, new rear shocks, new side panels and have a SS brake line set, and progressive springs waiting to be installed. I have a Corbin Gunfighter seat on order too.

Jim :brow

Img10.jpg

On the way to Moab, UT

Img04.jpg

Outside of Zion National Park

Img15.jpg

Along the PCH south of Monterey, CA

DSCF0053.jpg

Somewhere on the Idaho border

DSCF0042.jpg

All cleaned up in Carmel, CA

This airhead was ridden over 5000 miles on a trip last summer from Colorado to the MotoGP at Laguna Seca and on to Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada. I like to ride.

Dito:thumb

Is that a Hoske tank? Tell us about it if you would - capacity, did you add it, what range does it give you?

That's a Heinrich steel tank that I purchased with my R50/5. I wanted that tank for my planned Dallas- Fairbanks (4,022 miles one way) trip in July 2007. I installed the OEm tank on the R50 and put the Heinrich on the R75.

I don't know if it is 9.5 or 10.5 gallons as I am still doing a lot of work to this bike and didn't want to heft 9+ gallons off of it. So I haven't put more than 4 gallons in it yet.

This weekend we have to replace the drive shaft boot and then I think it will be ready for a "shake-out" run I plan for next month : Dallas-Denver-Dallas. I'll determine the capacity and range during that trip.

This R75 was originally blue. It has 39,958 miles on it as of today.

Eric

Thank you for the follow up information. I hope you post a ride report on the shake out trip. Have a great trip.

Back