• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Usually, when you have the file open in something like Microsoft Photo Editor you can do a File...Save As. Then choose a format that has compression (jpeg would be a good choice). If you choose jpeg, you'll either have or can select (in Microsoft Photo Editor there's a More... button to display advanced settings) a setting that saves space over quality.

For example, here's a picture of my '85 R80. In the original high quality JPEG format it's about half a meg in size. Setting the size/quality setting down yielded a file of about 90K and still made a usable picture.

Rob

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 3,395
Rob,
Even Paint works for resizing pics. I sent Guzzi some tips too.

Your pic would show up better as a 640X480 on this forum.

Mick

True; I should have resized it. To hurried, I guess.

Really was more of an example than anything else. Kind of a poor picture :)

Rob

bmwmick said:
Rob,
Even Paint works for resizing pics. I sent Guzzi some tips too.

Your pic would show up better as a 640X480 on this forum.

Mick

...and the tips were good ones!:clap Thanx, Mick!:bliss

Okay...let's see how this one works.....

Attachments

• new tires - 1st ride 001.jpg
    new tires - 1st ride 001.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3,360
One with a little nicer backdrop: (experimenting with Photoshop resizing!)

Attachments

• r-redrock2.jpg
    r-redrock2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3,353
Jack's racing on the R50

Attachments

• jackr50.jpg
    jackr50.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 3,349
Here's a new shot from the past weekend spent riding on dirt...

Attachments

• cumberlandpass 2bikes 03.jpg
    cumberlandpass 2bikes 03.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 3,301
Greetings
I am new to the MOA forum. I have heard that there is a conversion to move the oil filter to an accessible location on the R100 series bikes with Oil Cooler. Attached is a jpeg of my R100 which is tarted up like an "S"
B

Attachments

• r100b.jpg
    r100b.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 3,255
Rbike said:
Here's a new shot from the past weekend spent riding on dirt...

Love that white and blue R100GSPD! What year is it? Wish I could find one for sale that wasn't beat to crap or over $6,000.

MarkF

Welllllll...that uh blue PD is a '93 Purple PD with the graphics removed. It comes with some stickers that look like flying gravel on the tank. That was removed before I got it for $5500 with 24K miles. It needed a new front brake rotor so I puton one of the oversized rotors from M.A.P. Engineering.

When I first got it I thought I would paint over the purple when winter arrived...but by the time winter arived I didn't seem to care about it being purple anymore.

You can still find a nice PD for about $5500 if you take some time. There were two black ones in the Airmail last month.

Back