• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

So what's wrong with garage pics?

Depends on what's in the garage............

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 804
A picture to offend the sensibilities?

Sick and wrong, but I like it.

Attachments

• 100_2854.jpg
    100_2854.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 745
my 73 R60/5

Here is my new to me 73!

IMG_20130731_125502_561_zps21da903a.jpg

Finally found one for a winter project

1981 r80gs 106 off the line built Nov 1980. Good clean up over the winter planned. Hmmm GS champ next year?:dance

IZ Smokin

IZ Smokin.jpg

Meet Pearl, she's somewhat of a drag queen. She has a R90 1996 frame with a 1981 100cs engine. Bought her in Casper, Wy and rode her all over the Rockies last summer. After my trip home, had APEX to do upper head rebuild, Tank relined and painted along with new seals and spline lube. Love this bike!:eat

Patrol Bike - The Police Demonstrator

This bike came to WI in 1984 via BMWNA in LA. Kurt Degener lent it as a product evaluation to John Barber who then left it with a Police Department in WI.

There' more to the story, Like to know if any of the folks above can tell me... enjoy

Attachments

• IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 480
Last edited:
Great Googly Moogly !

Man that is some major engineering there !

How is it to ride like a mere mortal , or do you need super powers to handle it ??

This bike came to WI in 1984 via BMWNA in LA. Kurt Degener lent it as a product evaluation to John Barber who then left it with a Police Department in WI.

There' more to the story, Like to know if any of the folks above can tell me... enjoy

Can you post an additional pic or two ?

Sorry but that opposes what a BMW is all about, long term reliability.

If you wanted something faster, why not get a FJR1300 or a R1 or Busa?

Sorry..but it is HIS motorcycle...to do with as he pleases.....and they told the Wright Brothers flying was for birds...not man.

Absolutely.

As an exercise fine, but I see no point to it otherwise. I'd just get something faster in the first place if that was the purpose.

Does there need to be a point to everything ? Maybe he just enjoyed the project as much as...or perhaps even more than,.. the result ?

My point is ?..it is his property to do with as he chooses , and [I'm assuming here] ?...he found some pleasure in doing it

" I'd just get something faster in the first place if that was the purpose."

That's your way...his way is just different. Some of our greatest inventions came from some man or woman saying to themselves...what-if ?

Personally I admire his patience & ingenuity...

Back