• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

1984 r80rt

I just bought this from a guy in Ohio. Got a good deal, and it seems to be in good shape. Having it checked out now. It has a 100,000 mile badge on it. I think the original owner really loved it. I've had the seat recovered since this picture was taken.

beemer.jpg

tank bag

I have had numerous tank bags, BMW multi vario type this one is for an R/ GS I was told ,was given it by a guy ,at the National in Vermont ,the owner just got a new one and disgarded it, it was silver in colour and I blackened it with felt tip pen! also did away with the mounting pad and mounted it on my old r100 multi vario base, I like it because of its size hope this assists Jimmy

Last edited:
Same situation

OK, here's mine...

It is a 1988 R100RS and it was already black when I bought it. Except for the lack of some pinstriping, it is just about 100% complete, including hard bags. It has some of the more sensible upgrades and I enjoy tinkering with it almost as much as I enjoy riding it.

The R100RS model has been my dream bike ever since they first came out (I was a teenager riding a 1975 R75/6 at the time). So here I am all these years later...an older guy riding an older bike, but it means more to me than any new bike could.

Coveted since 77. Forgot about them till I saw this 92 for sale. Very happy now.
IMAG0344_zpse5ca3dce.jpg

Here is an airhead I picked up last weekend, unsure of the model but otherwise cool

I find all sorts of BMW art in Germany, figure Ill pick up what I can

IMG_20131213_120129 - Copy.jpgIMG_20131213_120142 - Copy.jpgIMG_20131213_120150 - Copy.jpg

photo

hi,been no photos for a while, so heres one of my 1977 r100s,with an 1985 RT fairing installed, tried it for a season but it just wasnt me,these bikes really are transformers,went back to my RS fairing ,which was installed way back in 1985,see photo page 179, bye for now ,love seeing new photos ,Jimmy,

Attachments

• Motorcycle 001.jpg
    Motorcycle 001.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 728
New (to me) 88RT

My new to me 1988RT. It's my first airhead and I'm psyched to improve it and see how smooth and reliable I can make it. The last guy took real good care of it mechanically so I'm going to concentrate on cosmetics this summer...

IMG_20140309_075900159.jpg

IMG_20140309_075829165.jpg

IMG_0180_zps296d0db4.jpg

Go to your image, right click and copy image address. Click on "insert image" icon on toolbar, choose URL tab and paste url of photo and uncheck box "retrieve remote?" At least that's how I do it.

speed both you guys up. near the picture in photobucket will be an img notation (off to the right of the pic). clik the code line, it should say "copied", and then just paste here. or, highlight the code, copy and paste.

like this:

there IS an airhead in this pic, or at least some of one. John & Andi Borella's Spring Pizza Ride from "a few" years ago.

Back