• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a pic of your Airhead

Well, it looks like you need a photo of my old crock!

It's a 1976/6 with a million small changes, major updates and customizations.

CRAZYHORSEAUG2011025.jpg

Bert;

Not a bad looking R100S for having sat in a garage for 23 years. I'm anxious to see what you have turned it into. A frog into a princess??
DP

After 8 months of tearing it apart and putting it back together, this is the finished product, (the only thing left to do is the two mirrors).

Attachments

• BMW R100S 4-24-10 005.jpg
    BMW R100S 4-24-10 005.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 846
My 75/5

Here is a composite of the painting of my '71, along with my '59 HD Panhead. I did all the work with the exception of chrome on both bikes. The pan took first runner up at the '86 H.O.G. rally in TN. Sadly, both bikes are long gone from me now.

Attachments

• composite of bikes 8-10.jpg
    composite of bikes 8-10.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 843
Nice, Bert :)

Not to be a jerk, just giving a heads-up: the valve covers are on the wrong sides. The unpainted lines should be roughly parallel to the ground.

Unless it bugs you, I'd wait until the next time you have them off to do the swap.

I'm not very good with the forum yet, having trouble understanding the various ways to communicate and attach photos. Here's a pic of the finished product. It's about 99% done, still needs some tweaking of the carbs and final bleeding of the brakes.

Bert

Attachments

• BMW R100S 4-24-10 002.jpg
    BMW R100S 4-24-10 002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 820
Your R100

As others have pointed out already, you have created a beautiful bike. My compliments are extended to you!

I'm not very good with the forum yet, having trouble understanding the various ways to communicate and attach photos. Here's a pic of the finished product. It's about 99% done, still needs some tweaking of the carbs and final bleeding of the brakes.

Bert

Hey cool bike! Looks like you might be somewhere over by the Squaw Peak (Phoenix Mountains) area. I just got my first BMW a couple of weeks ago and have been riding. We did a great ride up to 7 springs area today after having breakfast in Cave Creek.

Lets go for a ride some time.

Beautiful!!!! Who did the paint job? My R 100/7 needs one...

Greetings from Colorado,
Armin

The paint job was done by Eric Lussier, 2nd Avenue Scooters. He's a one man shop and is really talented. He's does work for local people as well as out of state. What I like about Eric is his preparation. All the body work is absolutely perfect, the pinstripes spot on and the finish is unbeliveabe. On top of that, the price was very reasonable. I was originally referred to Eric by our local BMW shop, they have worked with Eric alot.

His phone number is 602-799-0252.

Good eyes on the valve covers, Mark. While I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, I did put them back on correctly when I completed the redo, (probably just got lucky).

They're marked "Links" (left) and "Rechts" (right) inside. Sometimes, with indifferent previous owners, you can end up with two of the same, like I did. In my case, two 'rights' did make a 'wrong'.

Hey cool bike! Looks like you might be somewhere over by the Squaw Peak (Phoenix Mountains) area. I just got my first BMW a couple of weeks ago and have been riding. We did a great ride up to 7 springs area today after having breakfast in Cave Creek.

Lets go for a ride some time.

You have good eyes, I'm just north of the phoenix mountain preserve in the 24th street and Cactus area. What kind of BMW did you buy?

Bert

You have good eyes, I'm just north of the phoenix mountain preserve in the 24th street and Cactus area. What kind of BMW did you buy?

Bert

Hi Bert,
I bought a 74 R90/6. It's a good bike, and I am learning it's nuances. I was going to call the guy you recommended for the painting to see if he can get a dent out of my gas tank. It looks like a previous owner took a handlebar end into it.

The paint job was done by Eric Lussier, 2nd Avenue Scooters. He's a one man shop and is really talented. He's does work for local people as well as out of state. What I like about Eric is his preparation. All the body work is absolutely perfect, the pinstripes spot on and the finish is unbeliveabe. On top of that, the price was very reasonable. I was originally referred to Eric by our local BMW shop, they have worked with Eric alot.

His phone number is 602-799-0252.

Thank you, Bert! Sounds like a rare combination of good quality and reasonable pricing!

Armin

My new to me 1989 R100RT with just 23,400 miles on the clock, at <a href=http://www.alicesrestaurant.com/ target=_blank>Alice's Restaurant</a>, Center of the World, CA.

Attachments

• P1020773a.jpg
    P1020773a.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 903
My not so new to me 1975 R90/6 with 60,000 miles on the clock, which I have owned 20 years. I am the second owner.

Attachments

• 75R90a.jpg
    75R90a.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 906
Back