• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/27/07

213921381-XL.jpg

Lip's Wide Open
Uke's HD
Kenosha, WI

Hand held, no flash and no tripod. I was lucky and got a private tour of Uke's Museum. This bike was a give a way of the 1980's Stones tour. The owner traded it in on a dresser. What a dumb move.

iphoto and exif info

For those of you using Macs and iphoto and are upgrading to the new Leopard operating system it seems that the EXIF info that used to be available with Tiger is now no longer saved within the program. If you hit command I, the headings for exif are there but there is no info. The only info available now is date , time , kind and size of file.. Hopefully there will be a software update to correct this problem soon.

wide open

My riding day is usually on Monday. plus lots of fire damage in the usual riding areas today (San Diego), so my photo ops came while in the back yard. Sorry for not being motorcycle related ... All at ISO 100

I saw this ant go into this flower, caught him as he was leaving ... just barely!
_MG_3054.jpg

1/250
Aperture: f/4.5

Yellow hibiscus - wanted more depth so f9.0
_MG_3056.jpg

1/250
Aperture: f/9.0

Brilliant red dragonfly, first I've ever seen in my yard!
_MG_3038.jpg

1/800
Aperture: f/4.0

Larry's River: Wide Open

... three contributions of 'ordinary life in the wide open' at Larry's River, Nova Scotia.

The first is at the river's edge looking out to the ocean. Almost time to bring in the boats.
Oct282007016.jpg

With no running water yet we draw from the well.

Oct282007046.jpg

Oct282007041.jpg

Oct282007033.jpg

This last is looking up the river, away from the ocean, and opening into some fine trout territory.

Oct282007021.jpg

I hope that I have good fortune posting these. Last time was a bit challenging :)doh ) -Bob

Gorgeous photos!

The lion gets my vote for the best following the theme picture.

This is the best thread EVER!

And thanks, Santa, for pointing out the F11 key.

Voni
sMiling

.... one more just for the fun of it. Actually a shoot gone wrong but I thought it still looked appropriate for the season and suitable for the theme, albeit obliquely.
Oct282007057.jpg

Does anyone else think that this week's pictures are particularly good??
:clap

This old steam tractor at Castolon, in Big Bend National Park obviously "got the memo" this week!

Attachments

• OpenWide.JPG
    OpenWide.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 159
My two for the week for Wide Open, Open Wide

This one speaks to me in several ways, hopefully you too.

47b7ce09b3127ccebf02febb1f1a00000026100AYuWrJw0aOGKg

My Grandson and Granddaughter on my RT. No explanation needed.

47b7ce09b3127ccebf02fe951f3400000026100AYuWrJw0aOGKg

The Chisos Basin Window was wide open.

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• DSCF4075.JPG
    DSCF4075.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 161
Open Wide

Bainbridge, OH

The first dentist's school was at this location, that is now a museum.

DSC01084.jpg

I had wanted to go to far Eastern Ohio for a shot of the remains of "Big Muskie," the drag bucket for a large strip mining piece of equipment. They have a photo at the site with the entire marching band of a local high school in the bucket. But, a daughter's birthday and the grandchildren's neighborhood Halloween parade made riding time short on this gorgeous fall Sunday. There are priorities.

John F
Cincinnati, OH

Back