• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

he's for real

How did one even think of that?

Actually, my neighbor's daughter likes to go down our hill on her skateboard; belly on the board. She has knee, elbow and wrist padding (like from rollerblading) and uses the wrist pads to steer herself. I get really nervous because she doesnÔÇÖt use a helmet, and I can just imagine the board stopping short, and her teeth going straight into the asphalt.

She really should have a helmetor a suit of armor like this guy.

thats crazy! can you imagine this guy passing you? i would love to see the suit up close. thanks for sharing!

no way out

the thing that REALLY makes this nuts is that there's really no escape route on Grimselpass and if he'd come up on a tour bus or slow traffic OR a herd of big Swiss cows.............:nono :nono

the thing that REALLY makes this nuts is that there's really no escape route on Grimselpass and if he'd come up on a tour bus or slow traffic OR a herd of big Swiss cows.............:nono :nono

It looks like he could use the break on the blade to slow himself. Also he uses wind resistance by standing up a bit, and he seems to take advantage of turning which slows him some as well (like on skis).

I wonder if the "e-break" would be to flip onto his side or back, where there are no wheels. The friction on the suit should slow him rather quickly depending on his speed...

Dont get me wrong; I still think its nuts

i used to do this as a kid, i think it was cause i was so bad at regular sk8'ing. we set our boards up with super stiff trucks and huge and large, fast rolling wheels. we had a competition at the local ski mountain which has a road. we wore helmets but that's about it, fun times.

nothing quite like that video though

thanks robsmoto

Yo robsmoto,

thanks for those links. Now I know what that suit looks like. Robocop meets the Tinman for an all out brawl at the hyperwheel factory.....

I remeber when....

early 1970's....Darboy Road, Kimberly Wisconsin...
Very steep hill with lots of potholes....and a curve complete with T intersection at the bottom.

Radio Flyer wagon specially equipped by mechanically savvy grandfather with fat ball bearing hardware store wheels (the type used on torch carts and other heavy two wheeled dollies).

I don't know how fast I was getting but these videos reminded me of that. Oh yeah......

Gear? We didn't need no stinkin' gear.

I don't know how many times the wagon flipped catching one of the aforementioned potholes. Plus they don't have the lowest C of G either.

Back