• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where have I been today?

johns3

2-up and havin' fun
Where have I been today?

Buying a new (to me)1994 K1100RS, joining the ranks of people who have known- much longer than me- the fun of riding a BMW. :clap :clap

John

Nice Truck

I have an older 12 valve with a complete Banks Powerpack kit installed.
She can really haul and still get 17mpg. I've been thinking about trying her out on Biodiesel.

Nice motorcycle choice (the BMW any way):whistle
I have been deliberating on an addition to my stable and a "K" like yours was in the front running except that my sense of adventure seems to lead me to dirt roads alot.

I like your taste in machinery. Go forth and eat up the asphalt!

Got pics?

VP574936_1.jpg

:) :) :)

John

SWEET BIKE!! The K1100RS is a fantastic bike and yours is gorgeous.

I wish you many happy miles together. :bliss :bliss :bliss

Wii be looking for you as I travel through New England. Come on over to a meeting of the Vermont MOV.
cowinfo.gif

The club is not the biggest but we do hold an open rally, welcome riders no matter what brand of bike, have some great rides and do charitable work.

Come on over and join us for Breakfast.

There is also the Yankee Beemers who meet in Massachusetts - another great New England Club.

That's a great looking bike. The older K-RS bikes like yours have that sort of styling that never looks dated. That motorcycle has styling elements that make it fit in with older bikes, yet it also looks right at home next to much newer bikes like Ninja 14's....it's distinct enough that you can pick it out of a crowd but no so that it has the "sore thumb" thing going.

I like your choice of trucks as well but real men drive jeeps. Are you compensating for some inadequacies perhaps?:stick :D

Mmmmm, sweet!:clap
Now go out an put lots and lots of (s)miles on it!

RM

Hey, that's my back yard...Second Wind scores another customer. Hope to see you around, 2 hours isn't that far on that bike! :D

Eh. I think the dealer is breaking even; they win some, they lose some.

Josh,

This might not be break even. The bike has been back at the dealer longer than I had it- multiple problems that I feel should have been looked at by the experts before it was offered for sale, problems that only were apparent on a ride longer than 20-30 minutes.

I am mixed about what I have bought. I REALLY like the motorcycle but I may have bought the bike that nobody else wanted. I feel like the dealer has me on the back burner, but over a barrel.

I am on hold on my decision about what to do. Wish I hadn't gone there in the first place.

John

Back