• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blue Ridge Parkway: Full colors next week.

wellsvilleangus

Just got back from an exceptional ride. From PA, slabbed it to Gaffney, SC, then 11 to 28 to Cherokee and north on Parkway. If you haven't had the chance RT 28 is excellent! Wanted to let all know full colors will be in this coming weekend. There was enough color to make it great and weather was amazing. Wanted to give a heads up on a really great value in lodging: We stayed in Harrisonburg, VA on way down and discovered a family hotel in operation for three generations: The Village Inn. Best place I've stayed in for years. On site resturant with home cooked food at near fast food prices, very good service, and clean well maintained, very reasonable rooms. Biker friendly. on rt 11 off 81 between exists 243 & 240. 4979 South Valley Pike, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. www.thevillageinn.travel

ENJOY !

Cam.

Thanks Cam

We are on the road from Ohio and currently in eastern Georgia.
After a trip to Savannah and Hilton Head Island we're planning to catch some BRP on the way home. Thanks for the recommendation, sounds great

Brp

Just got back from Charlotte, NC.
Had wife and kids=No riding:cry
Have rode the parkway before at this time of year, was GREAT.

Parkway LEO Warning

I was bicycling on the northern end of the Parkway last weekend and saw more patrol cars than than all previous trips combined. I don't know if there was anything special going on or if they are just clamping down on the speeders.

"Speed traps" on BRP.

Yes, there were several park rangers or police pulling people over. One followed us about 10 miles. I put the bike on cruise control, what a pain! At one section there were three patrol SUV's working together. Be careful out there.

It's not just the Rangers that might slow you down a bit on the BRPW this time of year.

In fact, these are much worse:

Attachments

• Hymer_Motor_Home_With_Camos_Satellite_System02.jpg
    Hymer_Motor_Home_With_Camos_Satellite_System02.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 73
Peak Season

I rode from the Meadows of Dan,VA to the Linn Cove Viaduct, NC on Saturday.

We where camping at www.willvillebikecamp.com

Just fabulous colors around every bend!

It was the most spectactular fall folage I've ever seen!

Very dry down in that area, all the creeks and streams are either dry or pooling, not flowing at all.

Saw 5 patrol cars in 2 days.

Jason

Back