• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Photo Assignment: Weekend 10/13/07

I found this group while enjoying the perfect fall weather on Cape Cod. More pictures from the weekend.

The angle of the sun was difficult to work with, but I loved the subject matter.:D

1572027679_37aedeb2b8.jpg

Dynamic Group Therapy

The goal this weekend was to finish all the little things that needed fixing around the house before Sunday afternoon and the approching winter, then go for a ride soaking up the fall color. Just as I was getting the bike ready to go, I noticed some termites at the garage door, yikes! Long story short, by the time I found, purchased and applied the various chemicals to keep the termites away, the day was over. So here's my Sunday evening contribution to Group Dynamics. Cheers!

Attachments

• Leine_n_GS.jpg
    Leine_n_GS.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 156
The goal this weekend was to finish all the little things that needed fixing around the house before Sunday afternoon and the approching winter, then go for a ride soaking up the fall color. Just as I was getting the bike ready to go, I noticed some termites at the garage door, yikes! Long story short, by the time I found, purchased and applied the various chemicals to keep the termites away, the day was over. So here's my Sunday evening contribution to Group Dynamics. Cheers!

This is a great shot! I really like the motion, and the sharp focus.

Nice photo.

Details, how did you do that shot. What camera and settings?

Nonconformist BMW Style Parking

Voni
sMiling

Attachments

• Voni.jpg
    Voni.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
That's a cool shot, Voni. I like how you included both angles of the RT.

I know I'm having fun when I look around a see a parking lot like this!

I realize BeerTeam's question is not posed to me. It did pop up while I was cogitating on the very same question, though. . . .

Am I way out, or are both the six-pack and the camera moving? Camera on a tray? Maybe you don't want to tell us. I know, genius is a selfish mistress.

I just wanted to weigh in with a well-deserved, "cool shot."

Last edited:
Here's my shot at "Group Dynamics"
Taken today at the Lehigh Valley Band Day in Allentown, PA

Attachments

• group.jpg
    group.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 193
Really interesting shot, Stealthrider. Interesting composition--answers the theme well. Neat composition, unexpected form.

Falling Leaf Rally

This group had just come together, obviously old friends.

Attachments

• Falling Leaf2007.jpg
    Falling Leaf2007.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 180
What better group dynamic than BMW riders reuniting!

I can feel the energy.

Great shot!

Voni
sMiling

I realize BeerTeam's question is not posed to me. It did pop up while I was cogitating on the very same question, though. . . .

Am I way out, or are both the six-pack and the camera moving? Camera on a tray? Maybe you don't want to tell us. I know, genius is a selfish mistress.

I just wanted to weigh in with a well-deserved, "cool shot."

Thanks, I wanted to generate some questions as to how I made this, so thanks for asking.

Tom, your guess is almost right on as to how I made the shot. I used a 1X6X10 inch plank for the six pack to rest on, then clamped a camera mount to the board, attached the camera and composed the beverages leaving room for the bike while I still had the "rig" on my workbench. Then, I picked up the whole rig, walked over to the bike and just shot several frames moving the rig and camera with the bike stationary in the background. I also used a work light to light everything. The whole setup took about 5 minutes. Oh yeah, I used a point and shoot Canon SD850 set to macro setting, the exposure was about one quarter of a second and aperture was around 5.6, I'll have to look in the metadata for exact specs.

I'm really enjoying the "themes" that are being tossed out at us, Thanks Tom.

Last edited:
Thanks, I wanted to generate some questions as to how I made this, so thanks for asking.

Tom, your guess is almost right on as to how I made the shot. I used a 1X6X10 inch plank for the six pack to rest on, then clamped a camera mount to the board, attached the camera and composed the beverages leaving room for the bike while I still had the "rig" on my workbench. Then, I picked up the whole rig, walked over to the bike and just shot several frames moving the rig and camera with the bike stationary in the background. I also used a worklight to light up everything. The whole setup took about 5 minutes. Oh yeah, I used a point and shoot Canon SD850 set to macro setting, the exposure was about one quarter of a second and apature was around 5.6, I'll have to look in the metadata for exact specs.

I'm really enjoying the "themes" that are being tossed out at us, Thanks Tom.

Thanks for sharing your technique with us. You are a clever and inventive photographer, which is why, I suspect, unlike the rest of us, you actually get paid for it!

Ain't the "Photo Assignment" threads fun?

Back