Second picture

Help is on the way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Voni lends a hand.

It was a touching moment for those who saw it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bob Rippy
    IBA #451
    Tour of Honor Missouri State Sponsor
    14 R1200RT (currently parked) 07 R1200RT

Once there was a Tavern PAULBACH's Avatar
    Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Voyle Harris and his smokin guitar No photo shopping here - just a lucky exposure

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by PAULBACH View Post
    Voyle Harris and his smokin guitar No photo shopping here - just a lucky exposure

Looks like maybe he's been down to the crossroads to make some kind of a deal. . . .

Great shot!

SNC1923

MLS2GO Photo Story

Cool photo story, Bob. 10,000 bonus points for getting Voni on film.

We need to get you on a photosharing site like SmugMug so you can post up to 20 images in a single thread. They have a promotion for MOA members that's $5.00 off I think.

Something to think about.

Cool photos; thanks.

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    Which would have been the better photo for our "Weekly Assignments?"

Flash - no smoke

or

Flash & Smoke

I liked the smoky shot for the competition since it was a campfire and the smoke added, IMHO not subtracted. But if only one shot was going into the family snapshot album I would take the smoke free shot.

Opinions?
    Last edited by PAULBACH; 10-17-2007 at 10:35 AM.

rocketman

Flash - no smoke

or

Flash & Smoke

I liked the smoky shot for the competition since it was a campfire and the smoke added, IMHO not subtracted. But if only one shot was going into the family snapshot album I would take the smoke free shot.

Opinions?
    I'll let you know once my eyes stop watering!

RM

(Cough Cough)

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I'll let you know once my eyes stop watering!

RM

(Cough Cough)
    See? This is what I'm talking about. That smoke, being so familiar to so many of us, triggers a visceral response. I mean, I can actually smell the smoke. I agree with Paul, though; as cool as the smoke shot is, the first one would end up in the family album.

Neat shots, both.

Flash & Smoke

Opinions?

I like the smoke shot better. The no-smoke shot looks cold and distant. However, recognizing hindsight is 20/20, I may have messed around a bit with the flash setting, or location (assuming you can move it off camera) to try to balance the shot a little between the no-smoke and smoke version. I like the fact that the folks on the opposite side of the fire are more visible in the no-smoke shot. I'm not certain my retrospective suggestion could be pulled off, but that's my two cents. Neat environment for shooting and perfect pics for the assignment!
    Ben Ricci

Rides & Drives: '07 BMW F800ST Low, '07 Porsche Cayman, '06 VW Jetta TDI & '05 BMW R1200ST

SNC1923
    Quote Originally Posted by SheRidesABeemer View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on my pumpkin picture. I think I'll take it to photoshop class tonight and learn how to fix it!
    Photoshop class? I'm jealous. I want to take one of those myself. One of our graphic arts instructors just posted a message the Adobe is not offering student discounts to faculty. I'm definitely going to look into that.

Gail, if you're pleased with the results of your pumpkin post-process will you share it with us? I'm curious to see what you manage to come up with.

Thanks folks very interesting comments! The commentary is instructive.

If anyone out there has photo tips that they would like added to Touring Tips please sent them to me via PM or email.

Have talked to Vince and Mandy and adding a few at a time would add to Touring Tips. And if there are a lot of tips who knows maybe a separate page but that is way into the future and only if there are lots of tips.

Thanks for these photo assignment threads!

Although I haven't made a submission (yet), these photo assignment threads have been a joy. It's really been fun to learn something and at the same time see other person's ideas with respect to the "themes."

Thanks to all who have contributed and critiqued so far . . .
    Gregory L. Johnson
    The rider formerly known as VT Greg

Morton's Oktoberfest

Thanks for great pics of Morton's O-fest this weekend.....the ONLY reason I didn't go was I had a surprise sked change.........good pic of Jeff!!!!!
    Heed NEAD: No Egos, Attitudes, Distractions!!!!!
    Shep Brown MOA 27510
    "Igor" 82 RS "Inga" 04RT
    Pensacola, Flairider