• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bike Week-Women's gear

I'm attending Daytona for the first time this week. If you folks are traveling down the road on Thursday and see a Toyota Highlander pulling a trailer, well that's not me. Anyway, I need to purchase for my wife a good jacket and I've heard that there are numerous vendors in Daytona and that good deals can be had. I know there are probably tons of leather vendors but I'm specifically interested in the full length ballistic nylon jackets for women. Has anyone noticed vendors like Joe Rocket, Fieldsheer, or Firstgear, selling their products during bike week?

Thanks,
James O
R1150RS (never on a trailer)

If BMW is there with their trailer, they have a whole bunch of nice stuff specifically made to fit women. Tina had an Aerostich that never fit her right, but she's been very happy with the BMW stuff she's been riding in for the last three or four years.

She says it allows her to still look like a girl.

And that's pretty OK with me.

There are 2 outfits at the IMS show at the track that specialize in womans gear only. I can't remember their name, but you should be able to find them in one of the tents.
Also the BMW dealer in Daytona had 3 or 4 different brands of woman gear.
Good luck, Bernie

Thanks for the info guys. Dave I'm sure BMW gear is nice, and I hate to be cheap when it comes to my wife (no she doesn't read this forum), but I get sticker shock everytime I look at BMW gear. I bought for myself a Joe Rocket Reflex jacket and 4.0 ballistic pants and for both paid 290.00.

I know you get what you pay for, but I hope I can find a good jacket for less than 200.00.

Bernie, I bought a pair of gloves at the Daytona dealer last June. I'll check them out while I'm there.

Anyways, thanks again:thumb

Not sure if you are looking for manufacturer recommendations or whether certain manufacturers are at Daytona. I can't answer the latter question. My girlfriend recently bought a fieldsheer jacket for around $110 and for the price she loves it. She really wants either BMW gear or a vanson jacket but felt the fieldsheer was perfect for the money - for now. If you would like more details, I'd be happy to have her give a more fullsome description of her likes/dislikes.

All the best.

One of the dealers at the track has her store located in N. Georgia. It is located in Dohlonega, GA., at the end of hwy 400.
I think they call it Tootsie waystation. I forget what the place is called, but my sister bought a Fieldsheer vented jacket there on our way to WV last sommer.Veryfriendly service and good prices.
Bernie

Daytona

Never been there but I think you can get a better deal surfing the net. I bought a First Gear TexMesh jacket last year for $99. I've know others to get discontinued stuff on the net for less than half price. Deals at Daytona will be on the latest and greatest not overstock reduction.

Then again, at Daytona you might be able to find a nice leather vest and a thong.

MarkF

Back